UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maxime Marotte and the rest of the Santa Cruz FSA team are riding the new Santa Cruz SuperLight this weekend. 

No don;t worry to start salivating, its an XCO race bike, single pivot with flex seat stays, threaded bb.

The Enduro boys will be spitting at the geometry

I've got this feeling that you know that a certain young gun of yours , is generating numbers Eskom would love to have :)

I do not coach him anymore. When he went to cannondale he had to fall under the team coach but I can say we are still good mates.

Our last hoorah was from 2014 to Last years World Cup podiums and SA champs.

I wish him nothing but the best do to better than last year and excel.

Edited by J Wakefield

I do not coach him anymore. When he went to cannondale he had to fall under the team coach but I can say we are still good mates.

Our last hoorah was from 2014 to Last years World Cup podiums and SA champs.

I wish him nothing but the best do to better than last year and excel.

Off topic, John are you at the Giro?

Isn't pocket rocket Pidcock also in the mix?

I think so.

Gonna be hot.

I am interested in his bike.

Know it is a BMC with XTR, but the wheels, from the photo’s can’t make out what brand they are?

Looks almost like the superlight Syncros.

Off topic, John are you at the Giro?

No; I leave in 3 hours for an altitude camp then I go Dauphine and Tour de France.

My calender is built or focused to the Tour. Then after I have a small break and finish with Roubaix

I would really like to do Giro though it’s a great Tour

MVDP and Pidcock going to destroy N1NO. It's difficult to fathom how such a small body can generate so much power, Pidcock sure is an impressive rider.

Not sure which ladies team I'm backing, I can't judge who is in form. 

The best way to pick podium riders is to take the top 20 names, place them in a hat and draw your no 3, 4 & 5th positions .... No. 1 & 2 is a bit more of a challenge to get right, but take the top 5 riders, place their names in a hat and draw your riders from their :P

No; I leave in 3 hours for an altitude camp then I go Dauphine and Tour de France.

My calender is built or focused to the Tour. Then after I have a small break and finish with Roubaix

Damned ..... you live such a boring life and really need to get out and travel the world a little more :P

The best way to pick podium riders is to take the top 20 names, place them in a hat and draw your no 3, 4 & 5th positions .... No. 1 & 2 is a bit more of a challenge to get right, but take the top 5 riders, place their names in a hat and draw your riders from their :P

In C19world that might not work as an accurate predictive model. In fact I would suggest that you might be safer backing riders who have had some race time in their legs and using the short track as a final barometer of sorts for who *might* be in contention. Also throw potential Olympic qualification into the mix as well. The racing is going to be [emoji378][emoji378][emoji378][emoji378][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95] and very very topsy turvy! If anything else unpredictability might be the only constant.

Damned ..... you live such a boring life and really need to get out and travel the world a little more :P

It’s funny you say that but I’ve been lucky since 2005 to travel the world on someone else’s money due to my job and I’m truelly greatful for it.

But - it’s not like I get to do a tourism tour each destination I go to and see a museum for example. It’s typically hotel rooms, busses, motor homes, motocross tracks or race routes.

I try find something historical or what a town or so is known for when I arrive somewhere and get some basic histort and where a good coffee roasters or shop is.

I’m not complaining but it’s definitely not a holiday.

It’s funny you say that but I’ve been lucky since 2005 to travel the world on someone else’s money due to my job and I’m truelly greatful for it.

But - it’s not like I get to do a tourism tour each destination I go to and see a museum for example. It’s typically hotel rooms, busses, motor homes, motocross tracks or race routes.

I try find something historical or what a town or so is known for when I arrive somewhere and get some basic histort and where a good coffee roasters or shop is.

I’m not complaining but it’s definitely not a holiday.

Enjoy it either way and live the life you have created for yourself, nice work man!

Save travels.

Looks like we will have an inside man for the Tour.

Good luck with the final preparations.