UCI XCO World Cup 2020 -2021 Season

Hairy

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, 'Dale said:

Nino still not able to get closer to that record. ????

What a race though and good to see Nino more consistently up close to the front again.  That last attack was brutal, best I seen in a very long time.

I'm not a huge fan of the Americans, but that was impressive, sending a clear message to the other top contenders.

3 minutes ago, splat said:

Did something happen to Alan Hatherly ?
He was 12th or 14th and then was suddenly gone 

Looked like he was suffering in the altitude combined with heat. Or maybe his stunning season was just a Snowshoe too far.

19 minutes ago, TheoG said:

What a race though and good to see Nino more consistently up close to the front again.  That last attack was brutal, best I seen in a very long time.

I'm not a huge fan of the Americans, but that was impressive, sending a clear message to the other top contenders.

I’m a big fan of Chris Blevins. He’s the real deal and also a crossover cyclist

4 minutes ago, DieselnDust said:

Looked like he was suffering in the altitude combined with heat. Or maybe his stunning season was just a Snowshoe too far.

I’m a big fan of Chris Blevins. He’s the real deal and also a crossover cyclist

He also came across rather humble which was in my mind rather cool ... let's see what 2022 holds for him.

Well that’s something that needs to be sorted out. His team shuts up shop at the end of the year. Will spez sign him or Cannondale?

my only fear for him is that he becomes someone’s poster boy for diversity in cycling . He is a very talented kid and long may he prosper 

I suspect if Nino didnt have that front wheel puncture that the finish would have been a tightly contested affair.... but the same can be said for Flueckiger and Koretzy i guess? Most enjoyable to watch. What a pity the season ends now !!

Edited by Paulst12

2 hours ago, Hairy said:

He also came across rather humble which was in my mind rather cool ... let's see what 2022 holds for him.

Signed for a road team B&B Hotels apparently, guess that means the end of his role in Trinity, which is a great team it should be said. Piddlecock's old stomping ground as well.

He rode a clever race yesterday, you could see him in touch with the leaders all the time, looked so strong and attacked at the best possible time ftw, no show boating. Other guys should have taken note.

25 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

I suspect if Nino didnt have that front wheel puncture that the finish would have been a tightly contested affair.... but the same can be said for Flueckiger and Koretzy i guess? Most enjoyable to watch. What a pity the season ends now !!

Yea man, its over before it even began it seems. Well at least there is cross now., but XCO is my true love.

I don't think Nino would have survived Chris' attack at the end, the other guys? we will never know. The stars aligned for Chris for sure.

49 minutes ago, Paulst12 said:

Not so sure about that, the Blevins attack was brutal.  Only Nino when he was still at his very best would have kept up with that ....

Edited by TheoG

35 minutes ago, kosmonooit said:

Signed for a road team B&B Hotels apparently, guess that means the end of his role in Trinity, which is a great team it should be said. Piddlecock's old stomping ground as well.

He rode a clever race yesterday, you could see him in touch with the leaders all the time, looked so strong and attacked at the best possible time ftw, no show boating. Other guys should have taken note.

Viktor Koretsky signed with B&B Hotels.

Blevins team Infinity folds at the end of the season. He is yet to announce a new contract for 2022.

14 minutes ago, TheoG said:

Not so sure about that, the Blevins attack was brutal.  Only Nino when he was still at his very best would have kept up with that ....

Nino punctured trying to go with the attack. That tells me he was pushing really hard to stay with Chris. 

40 minutes ago, Nick said:

He is also a poet...

Blevins takes "multiple disciplines" to another level. His season "rap up" was also superb. Red Bull should pay him to do that every season.