Titan Racing introduce new Transporter commuter bike range

News bot

Titan Racing have introduced a new range of commuter bikes labelled under their Transporter Range. These bikes are aimed at doing one job well and that’s commuting in style. Long gone are the days when a commuter bike had to be your old 26” and whilst we do have the option of going single speed, no one is hating gears on that final climb back home after a long day at the office.

Click here to view the article

It says 'While there is the option of going single speed'... Does the bike have an EBB? Or are you saying that 'the option' is there on other bikes but the new Titan has gears because of hills? Either way it looks really rad and at that price point I see a few of these getting some drop bars......

They should have gotten really clever and put a compartment of sorts somewhere for a light battery(and possibly other spares as well). One thing I hate is strapping my batteries to my frame. I have modified a bottle so that the battery is inside the bottle and can't get wet. The plug is fixed into the spout and all I do is plug the light side into the spout(I use the seat post bottle cage for this). My wire is then secured to my rear brake hose so I don't have wire wrapped around the frame anywhere. There is very little I can't fix with the tools I carry on my commute and they all concealed somewhere to my bike. Some less obvious than I would like unfortunately as I still want a clean looking bike.

They should have gotten really clever and put a compartment of sorts somewhere for a light battery(and possibly other spares as well). One thing I hate is strapping my batteries to my frame. I have modified a bottle so that the battery is inside the bottle and can't get wet. The plug is fixed into the spout and all I do is plug the light side into the spout(I use the seat post bottle cage for this). My wire is then secured to my rear brake hose so I don't have wire wrapped around the frame anywhere. There is very little I can't fix with the tools I carry on my commute and they all concealed somewhere to my bike. Some less obvious than I would like unfortunately as I still want a clean looking bike.

Please can you post some photos of the light and how mounted (including the wires). in the commuter challenge thread Mounting the battery is also my pet peeve.

Edited by samson99

Please can you post some photos of the light and how mounted (including the wires). in the commuter challenge thread Mounting the battery is also my pet peeve.

Of course. Not on the bike today(am sure you saw why) but will take photos and post asap.