Cape Town Southern Suburbs Bike Shop?

Newbie321

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good LBS in the southern suburbs and claremont specifically? After a horrible service or two I'm looking for a shop that takes some pride in what they do.

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good LBS in the southern suburbs and Claremont specifically? After a horrible service or two I'm looking for a shop that takes some pride in what they do.

Claremont has Cycle Teknix, 2 x Olympic Cycles and FreeWheel Cycology.

I haven't ever used Cycle Teknix, but am happy with the work that the guys at Freewheel have done on my road and MTB's over the last year or two.

:eek:

I will big up BikeMob in Lakeside.

Nev is an outstanding mechanic and Sean is sexy and definitely dtf

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good LBS in the southern suburbs and claremont specifically? After a horrible service or two I'm looking for a shop that takes some pride in what they do.

Hi Newbie321 (For now we will call you Steve ;)

We offer a collect and drop service if you'd like, as mentioned here, so feel free to drop us a mail or book your bike in online: https://bikemob.co.za/pages/servicing

Cheers,

Sean and Nev!

I will say Crown Cycles in lansdowne road, and if you wanna travel a bit further to Woodstock, then Stoke Suspension Works

No complaints about any of the aforementioned.

What I have noticed over time is that stores seem to struggle to hold onto good mechanics/workshop staff.

Some stores have a slight advantage here I believe where the owners are also the mechanics.

One must also accept that mechanics are human and mistakes can be made.

How they deal with it is what matters ...