Cape Town Southern Suburbs Bike Shop?

Newbie321

Hi

Can anyone recommend a good LBS in the southern suburbs and claremont specifically? After a horrible service or two I'm looking for a shop that takes some pride in what they do.

Starting in Muizenberg heading North:

BikeMob

Bike park Uitsig

Bridge Cycles

Freewheel Cyclology

Olympic Cycles Kenilworth

Cycle Teknix

Olympic Cycles Imam Harron Road Claremont

Sportopia Salt River

The Gear Exchange Mowbray

Woodstock Cycle Works 

Giant Concept Store (Next to Investec/NinetyOne)

John o Connor Cycles Mouille Point

Apologies if I missed anyone but there's so many and I don't frequent every store

BikeMob

Bike park Uitsig

Bridge Cycles

Freewheel Cyclology

Cycle Teknix

Sportopia Salt River

Woodstock Cycle Works 

Apologies if I missed anyone but there's so many and I don't frequent every store

Stoke obviously... for suspension as well as the more normal stuff. Proper engineering type nerds and that's what I want in a shop rather than frustrated pro racers / actors / models! Another +1 for Gear Change as well as Bikemob. 

Stoke obviously... for suspension as well as the more normal stuff. Proper engineering type nerds and that's what I want in a shop rather than frustrated pro racers / actors / models! Another +1 for Gear Change as well as Bikemob. 

Shot! Nev is a next level Nerd Bird! He loves a copy of Popular Mechanics!

Gear change must be really good,

owned by a convicted EPO rider, so lots of people won't touch it

BikeMob

Bike park Uitsig

Bridge Cycles

Freewheel Cyclology

Cycle Teknix

Sportopia Salt River

Woodstock Cycle Works 

you've missed Caledonian cycles in Muizenberg itself!

Edited by Shebeen

you've missed Caledonian cycles in Muizenberg itself!

Nope...

se maar niks

Edited by DieselnDust

I would recommend Life Cycle in Tokai opposite Blue Route Mall. Dylan is also the bike mechanic and our company has worked with them for years. Just tell them Benjamin recommended you. Excellent rider and mechanic who's hands on.

Where is Neil's Wheels ?

They often had specials on secondhand bikes.....

Long time since they've featured here after once being regulars. LOL

Unfortunately it is a great place. I stayed away for ages because of the obvious taint but out of necessity I had to use them when they moved around the corner from me and they were brilliant. Justin and the guys on the tools were solid. Never had to take a bike back and they really went the extra mile on a lot of things. Truthfully one of the few bike shops in that Rondebosch / Woodstock / Claremont / Kenilworth cluster I'd recommend. Only downside was interactions with DG and if that was my initial interaction with the shop then I'd never have gone back. He's just not a very good people person. When ever he talked to at me it was to either bike / equipment shame me or just sell me a $$$$ bike fit I just didn't need while looking so disinterested. The rest of the shop / guys tho, thumbs up and won me over from a very negative stand point. 

Gear change has on several occasions stayed open late to get me riding the next day. I choose to buy extras like lights etc there too even though marginally more expensive than online, firstly to support a well run small business that provides jobs for a crew of really nice people and also for the ongoing support and service they offer me. That bike fit also has allowed me, a biomechanical disaster made of spare parts, to ride endurance events injury free and has been supported by free and discounted follow ups.

In addition to wanting to sell me stuff they are interested in me as a rider, tease me about my failings and unstintingly go the extra mile. And leroy makes a fine cappucinno.

Unfortunately it is a great place. I stayed away for ages because of the obvious taint but out of necessity I had to use them when they moved around the corner from me and they were brilliant. Justin and the guys on the tools were solid. Never had to take a bike back and they really went the extra mile on a lot of things. Truthfully one of the few bike shops in that Rondebosch / Woodstock / Claremont / Kenilworth cluster I'd recommend. Only downside was interactions with DG and if that was my initial interaction with the shop then I'd never have gone back. He's just not a very good people person. When ever he talked to at me it was to either bike / equipment shame me or just sell me a $$$$ bike fit I just didn't need while looking so disinterested. The rest of the shop / guys tho, thumbs up and won me over from a very negative stand point.

................That bike fit also has allowed me, a biomechanical disaster made of spare parts, to ride endurance events injury free ..................

:clap:  :clap: Sounds like we could be related