Amashova 2020

HdB

Entries opened today for the 2020 Amashova, taking place 18 October.

There is no 160km option this year, so back to the 106km for me; wifey is going for the 35km again.

Anyone else planning to ride?

I'm contemplating doing the Harrismith mountain trail run on the Saturday, and as we're halfway to Durban, perhaps we can drive down and ride the Amashova the next day. As Veebee said, lots of time/races to get through before then.

Entries opened today for the 2020 Amashova, taking place 18 October.

There is no 160km option this year, so back to the 106km for me; wifey is going for the 35km again.

Anyone else planning to ride?

Hell yeah, missed out last year so definitely will be back this year!

Gonna make use of the early bird rates this time, helps a little bit!

Hopefully the heat isn't so bad for the back markers this year

soo many events happening before this, lets get through all of that first.

Agreed, but I have to try and motivate my wife to get training again, so we're already entered ;)

Plus, I saw absolutely nothing posted leading up to the Herald, which is also a really nice event, so I figured make a start on this one.

Hell yeah, missed out last year so definitely will be back this year!

Gonna make use of the early bird rates this time, helps a little bit!

Hopefully the heat isn't so bad for the back markers this year

Without the 160km, it should be possible to adjust the start times a bit so everyone finishes before the worst heat.

I suppose it is impossible to keep everyone happy though - as is, my wife started the 35km at 05:45 last year - there will be overlap on the road somewhere. I don't envy the organisers trying to solve this puzzle :)

Early bird entry, Discovery points for a discount on accommodation... still not cheap, but well worth it.

Agreed, but I have to try and motivate my wife to get training again, so we're already entered ;)

Plus, I saw absolutely nothing posted leading up to the Herald, which is also a really nice event, so I figured make a start on this one.

Without the 160km, it should be possible to adjust the start times a bit so everyone finishes before the worst heat.

I suppose it is impossible to keep everyone happy though - as is, my wife started the 35km at 05:45 last year - there will be overlap on the road somewhere. I don't envy the organisers trying to solve this puzzle :)

Early bird entry, Discovery points for a discount on accommodation... still not cheap, but well worth it.

Helps to have my sister in PMB, so no need for accommodation, so that helps a lot!

I absolutely love this event - what an amazing tough race with the best views - i might need to give this one a miss as we expecting another bubblet in the stable and last thing i wanna do is p!$$ off the wifey.

Id recommend that everyone enters this race if you have not done it.

I'll probably be there. If it's an option (i.e. if the clubs I'm a member of organise it) I will ride from Jobrug to the start again as well. That was a lot of fun last year.

Very keen to to fly up from Cape Town to do my first (and most likely only) Amashova ride.

But it is going to take some delicate negotiations with SWAMBO so let's see...

Very keen to to fly up from Cape Town to do my first (and most likely only) Amashova ride.

But it is going to take some delicate negotiations with SWAMBO so let's see...

It is worth it, you owe this race to yourself. My favorite race on the calendar (although I was shocked by the poor state of the roads on some parts of the route)

It is worth it, you owe this race to yourself. My favorite race on the calendar (although I was shocked by the poor state of the roads on some parts of the route)

Tx Wannabe - I remember on last year's thread you were planning to do it. Will get some tips from you pros closer to the time  :thumbup:

Was my first race ever and still my favorite. Will definitely be back this year, bringing some friends along if I can. No use rushing past the views,