Cyclist knocked by Taxi

FootballingCyclist

Hi Guys.

Not sure of the cyclists name but my mate was driving on the M5(Prince George Drive Grassy Pary +-500m from Nandos) and witnessed a cyclist, inside the yellow lane being hit by a taxi. 1 taxi went around the cyclist on the left hand side, the other tried to go around him on his right hand side and clipped him dragging him into the middle of the road. The cyclist was taken to hospital, just very bruised in his face and on his body, bike obviously trashed as you can see.

post-35357-0-99942100-1582878556_thumb.jpg

Edited by FootballingCyclist

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope CT and their ineffective policing (i.e. where the f*ck are the cops) has that on CCTV. Hope the rider feels strong enough to be pissed off. 

I hope CT and their ineffective policing (i.e. where the f*ck are the cops) has that on CCTV. Hope the rider feels strong enough to be pissed off.

Doubt it will be on CCTV that's quite an open stretch, Not many houses or any buildings around.

I really hope this guy is ok.  The taxis are out of control and the cops are *** scared to do anything about them. 

But we all know this and here comes my issue.  WTF is any cyclist doing riding on the M5, im sorry u asking for ****, its plain stupidity.  We live in a country with the worlds worst , most reckless drivers and people still want to cycle on highways .  People need to wake up.  

I really hope this guy is ok.  The taxis are out of control and the cops are *** scared to do anything about them. 

But we all know this and here comes my issue.  WTF is any cyclist doing riding on the M5, im sorry u asking for ****, its plain stupidity.  We live in a country with the worlds worst , most reckless drivers and people still want to cycle on highways .  People need to wake up.

Unfortunately if you live in Grassy Park and commute or even cycle and want to get to the main road, you have to at some stage cycle on the M5!!

Going through Retreat Main Road to get to the main road is 95% of the time going to get you mugged.

my but you are piece of work. Cyclist is involved in an incident and all you can do is victim blame.

Vlieg op!

Do you have any idea where this happened? 

60km/hr zone, two lanes, very wide emergency lane.

How about you take up golf instead?

Hi Guys.

Not sure of the cyclists name but my mate was driving on the M5(Prince George Drive Grassy Pary +-500m from Nandos) and witnessed a cyclist, inside the yellow lane being hit by a taxi. 1 taxi went around the cyclist on the left hand side, the other tried to go around him on his right hand side and clipped him dragging him into the middle of the road. The cyclist was taken to hospital, just very bruised in his face and on his body, bike obviously trashed as you can see.

hectic, i ride that section and normally not really an issue.

and before anyone starts, it's before the M5 becomes a freeway so totally a bike section (i ride the freeway section too)

Another one this morning in Bellville I have been told by my staff.  Total cowboy driving which they mostly get away with. 

hectic, i ride that section and normally not really an issue.

and before anyone starts, it's before the M5 becomes a freeway so totally a bike section (i ride the freeway section too)

"Before anyone starts"....

Not sure why there are 2 of the same threads, perhaps mods can merge them, Wasn't aware I made 2 of them, But that's in the 1st comment on the other thread.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

Sterkte to the cyclist... 

As for a claim, he has a better chance of falling pregnant getting money out. 

They have their ******* sly tactics of getting out of owning up.

My wife got clipped end of last year, driver turned into her lane cutting her off he then said she was at fault. He wouldn't show me his license for whatever reasons. Then he claimed he couldn't speak english, he didn't remember where he lived and when eventually they got the details out I google earthed where this box lives I thought ja, that's why he does what he does....