Cyclist knocked by Taxi

FootballingCyclist

Coming down Durbanville ave this morning, direction N1 (opposite the Rose Gardens) there were 4 taxis screaming down the road in the emergency lane, pushing in front of the stationary traffic at the Red traffic light, just to jump the red light and carry on their merry way.

There was a commuter on his dikwiel that had to take serious evasive action, lest he became a statistic.

In front of the Cricket Club entrance, they were all 4 stationary in the roadway, loading / offloading their fare, with cars piled up behind them. 

Days like this I wish I had an old plaas bakkie with a piece of railroad track as a front bumper....... :whistling:  :ph34r:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my but you are piece of work. Cyclist is involved in an incident and all you can do is victim blame.

Vlieg op!

Do you have any idea where this happened? 

60km/hr zone, two lanes, very wide emergency lane.

How about you take up golf instead?

Nobody is victim blaming, im stating the obvious , you want to cycle on highways you asking for trouble in SA.  This my friend is a fact.  

Tried Golf not my cup o tea.

If you take your head out of your @rse, you won't talk so much cr@p. The part where it happened cyclists are allowed. Cyclist not at fault here.........but as I said......take your head................ 

Nobody is saying he wasnt allowed to ride on that road.  Just stated its a high high risk activity to do so. If you learn how to read you will understand what i was saying.  So perhaps stop with the your big bek name calling whilst u safely tucked away behind your keyboard and try converse like an adult .

Coming down Durbanville ave this morning, direction N1 (opposite the Rose Gardens) there were 4 taxis screaming down the road in the emergency lane, pushing in front of the stationary traffic at the Red traffic light, just to jump the red light and carry on their merry way.

There was a commuter on his dikwiel that had to take serious evasive action, lest he became a statistic.

In front of the Cricket Club entrance, they were all 4 stationary in the roadway, loading / offloading their fare, with cars piled up behind them. 

Days like this I wish I had an old plaas bakkie with a piece of railroad track as a front bumper....... :whistling:  :ph34r:

In my dream that I have when I see this Taxi behaviour..... I imagine myself driving an old Nissan 3.0 V6 bakkie with a massive bull bar the one with all the fishing stuff and a winch.  ^_^

Nobody is victim blaming, im stating the obvious , you want to cycle on highways you asking for trouble in SA.  This my friend is a fact.  

Tried Golf not my cup o tea.

Get your facts straight maybe

In my dream that I have when I see this Taxi behaviour..... I imagine myself driving an old Nissan 3.0 V6 bakkie with a massive bull bar the one with all the fishing stuff and a winch.  ^_^

Glad you dream about a decent bakkie. I have the younger brother, 4.0 V6 navara.

If you take your head out of your @rse, you won't talk so much cr@p. The part where it happened cyclists are allowed. Cyclist not at fault here.........but as I said......take your head................ 

He is not saying that the cyclist was at fault or,whether it is lawful to cycle in a certain area or not one has to ask is it wise for me to do so given the associated risks on certain roads and areas.

SNIP WTF is any cyclist doing riding on the M5, SNIP

He is not saying that the cyclist was at fault or,whether it is lawful to cycle in a certain area or not one has to ask is it wise for me to do so given the associated risks on certain roads and areas.

Hmmm, what is he saying here then? 

Glad you dream about a decent bakkie. I have the younger brother, 4.0 V6 navara.

As per the wife I will not be able to purchase a double cab bakkie cause of my slight anger issues when I drive on the roads (especially around Taxi's) - She knows of my dreams about the bakkie.

I'm going to buy TXI SLYA WP as a reg plate. 

4.0 V6 Navara... Nice! If I buy a Navara I'd be tempted to ask people Navara f*k kyk jy  :whistling:

Pity the other thread got locked down.

I was there shortly after it happened and things were chaotic to say the least.

That part of the road is Prince george drive. The M5  connects straight into it. You can see on the map below where the M5 ends as a highway. something about facts comes to mind.......

I have indicated the location of the incident.

Sadly the hub is becoming a name calling arena these days. Not quite as enjoyable as a few years ago. ( I may or not be innocent of this) Just sad to see it going this way as some other forums I no longer part take in.

"Before anyone starts"....

Not sure why there are 2 of the same threads, perhaps mods can merge them, Wasn't aware I made 2 of them, But that's in the 1st comment on the other thread.

We've merged the threads. It seems two were created in error when you posted.

Some guidance to all participants in this thread (and any thread on Bike Hub).

Among our various User Comments Guidelines, this one is most often in need of a refresher and explained well below:

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember criticise ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

(SourceThe Universal Rules of Civilized Discourse)

---

If you're unable to conduct yourself in a civilised manner you will find yourself suspended from this platform.

Pity the other thread got locked down.

I was there shortly after it happened and things were chaotic to say the least.

That part of the road is Prince george drive. The M5  connects straight into it. You can see on the map below where the M5 ends as a highway. something about facts comes to mind.......

I have indicated the location of the incident.

attachicon.gifhere.jpg

Sadly the hub is becoming a name calling arena these days. Not quite as enjoyable as a few years ago. ( I may or not be innocent of this) Just sad to see it going this way as some other forums I no longer part take in.

:offtopic: Simply report posts you not happy with, up to moderators to then decide what todo .. 

Mods seem to bit more on the ball as of late , happy to see.

Part of the reason I absolutely avoid Durban road on my cycling commute. If not the taxis then the Golden Arrow buses using that road as a race course (still scary even when I'm in the relative safety my car) and of course every 3rd person in their car far more interested in their cell phone news feed than paying attention to the road ahead of them.

Edited by Skubarra

Part of the reason I absolutely avoid Durban road on my cycling commute. If not the taxis then the Golden Arrow buses using that road as a race course (still scary even when I'm in the relative safety my car) and of course every 3rd person in their car far more interested in their cell phone news feed than paying attention to the road ahead of them.

Had a taxi "tailing" me on the pavement, (yes the pavement!)  cycling through Woodstock from the CBD a few ago, the city does @#$%% all about the disregard for the cycle lanes as well - yet they encourage us to commute