PERMA TUBES

Hairy

Has anyone seen any in CT for a roadie bike, hopefully that can take a 25 or 28 tyre width.

I am not completely ^%#^&^$%%$ off with trashing tubes on the ^$%$#%& cycle lanes and want a permanent solution.

Has anyone seen any in CT for a roadie bike, hopefully that can take a 25 or 28 tyre width.

I am not completely ^%#^&^$%%$ off with trashing tubes on the ^$%$#%& cycle lanes and want a permanent solution.

I believe BikeMob have a solution.

Ping Nev or Sean

Ping Nev or Sean

just looked at their site and the sizes do not go to 700C ... will drop them an email on their site

Ping Nev or Sean

unfortunately their suppliers do not bring in 700C variants ... they have previously and recently requested that they do though.

I know there was an import company based in SSWest that had permatubes on their books years ago.... 

They sold bits and bobs like screw on freewheels and cheaper square taper cranks etc.... I want to say 100% cycles but that isn't correct.

Otherwise just get a few on Aliexpress

I know there was an import company based in SSWest that had permatubes on their books years ago.... 

They sold bits and bobs like screw on freewheels and cheaper square taper cranks etc.... I want to say 100% cycles but that isn't correct.

Like I replied to Bikemob in their reply email ... I am either going to sell the commuter or burn the ^#%$&^ ... whichever is easiest!

took a look there now ... so many options, and too ^%#^%%$^ to focus .. will look again later thanks

perma tubes really the perma solution?

have you tried tubeless?

perma tubes really the perma solution?

have you tried tubeless?

tubeless for the commuter.... Can buy a house for the price of tubeless wheels and tyres tchjina

There was a product, I think called Tannus, around a few years back. A solid wheel rather than a perma tube and tyre combo.

There was a product, I think called Tannus, around a few years back. A solid wheel rather than a perma tube and tyre combo.

About R1100 per tyre ..... 

tubeless for the commuter.... Can buy a house for the price of tubeless wheels and tyres tchjina

Not sure why you need to skimp that much on the commuter bike, if it makes you vloek throw money or ghetto tubeless at the problem

Not sure why you need to skimp that much on the commuter bike, if it makes you vloek throw money or ghetto tubeless at the problem

they're is a point where the amount of money you spend on the commuter bike defies the ideal of what it was meant to be in unfortunately. Cheap chearfull and fast. Now we all know the fast is determined by the rider, so that is a lost cause straight off the starting blocks, so the last two ideals need to be fought for.

To be fair though, the cycle lane has been a mess as of late with glad and basically a carpet of thorns to contend with.

The Tanus tyres at a R1100 price point does not make sense when your average yearly mileage is on the 9000km mark. The perma tube concept works in that you can choose your tyre and just recycle the perma tube every time the tyre is worn.

Have you tried simple tyre liners Hairy? Sommer from .any old school bike shop or even Sportsmans Warehouse. They are cheap, don't add too much weight and if wide enough, work well against thorns. Only issue is that they are sometimes difficult to fit in a road tyre, especially 23s, but on 28s it is easier. 

Have you tried simple tyre liners Hairy? Sommer from .any old school bike shop or even Sportsmans Warehouse. They are cheap, don't add too much weight and if wide enough, work well against thorns. Only issue is that they are sometimes difficult to fit in a road tyre, especially 23s, but on 28s it is easier.

running 25 this now and the tyre lines have a 14 thorns stopped VS 6 thorns punctured record,so they do have a level of protection yes. And that is a recording from I think two week's worth of commuting