MTB to Road Bike Sizing

Sumo

Good Day,

I've been riding a MTB and want to move to a Road Bike - I wanted to find out what size of Bike should I be looking for. I am a Male of 179cm in height.

Thank you,

What size MTB do you currently ride?

You'll probably be somewhere between a 54-56cm road bike. I am 182cm tall, on a 56cm bike, but it's slightly too large in terms of reach, as I've got longer legs than upper body it turns out. Or I'm just super inflexible. Either way.

This is a good website to try and give an estimate size and setup.

What size MTB do you currently ride?

You'll probably be somewhere between a 54-56cm road bike. I am 182cm tall, on a 56cm bike, but it's slightly too large in terms of reach, as I've got longer legs than upper body it turns out. Or I'm just super inflexible. Either way.

This is a good website to try and give an estimate size and setup.

^^^THIS

also, not all brands are equal in sizing... a 56 in a Trek could be a 54 in a Spez (for example). Some brands use S/M/L or even combinations eg M/L in a Giant

On my Fuji a 56 cm is perfect, I'm the same height as you. On my other bike also a 56 cm I am a bit stretched but comfortable. So best advice will be what others have suggested, see what feels best for you and go with that along with a decent bike fit.