Anyone know where I can get a replacement for this? (Broken cycling cleat clip)

Hey guys

Was wandering if anyone by some miracle would know where to get hold of a replacement clip for my pair of cleats to then have sown and glued into the strap again?

Want the try all avenues to replace it properly before I butcher it and go the boer maak n plan route.

090IvYb.jpg?1

As a fix you can do the following:

Use a drill with about a 2mm high speed bit. Maybe a 1mm. Just check the sizing first. Also dependent what you wanna use to sew it.

Topstitch thread(36) - decent, many upholsterers use for leather work. Also that thick stitching on you jeans.

Upholstery thread - thicknesses vary depending on brand

Coats glace - a very strong thread and coated. 

You can use any of those but the glace is first choice followed by a quality topstitch. Stitch a few times and quadruple up on the thread with a suitable hand needle.

Use a drill with about a 2mm high speed bit. Maybe a 1mm. Just check the sizing first. Also dependent what you wanna use to sew it.

Topstitch thread(36) - decent, many upholsterers use for leather work. Also that thick stitching on you jeans.

You can use any of those but the glace is first choice followed by a quality topstitch. Stitch a few times and quadruple up on the thread with a suitable hand needle.

attachicon.gif090IvYb.jpg

Thank you. I was thinking of the drilling holes but ones large enough to then use cable ties to fasten the parts together.

The strong cotton and smaller holes will definitely look allot better though and damage the shoe allot less in the long run with heavy use

attachicon.gif090IvYb.jpg

Had the same issue.

Drilled it

Dental floss.

Sorted

Guys, floss. I have sewn some tough applications with floss and it is properly strong and waterproof.

Thank you. I was thinking of the drilling holes but ones large enough to then use cable ties to fasten the parts together.

The strong cotton and smaller holes will definitely look allot better though and damage the shoe allot less in the long run with heavy use

Guys, floss. I have sewn some tough applications with floss and it is properly strong and waterproof.

Hence why the coats glace is my choice. Its used on towstraps, tents, hammocks etc. It is also water proof.