Looking for a Cape Epic 2020 Partner

adiSWISS

My partner has an accident and his place is free (and paid). I am looking for a woman or a man to replace him. My speed is slow, about 2.5 W/kg. This means I ride in the rear field, but still have a comfortable distance to the maximum stage times. The goal is the finish line and fun is what it should be!

Our starting number is 397: Grand Fun Masters (from Switzerland)

Adrian  :rolleyes:

==========================================================
Many interested interested parties have come forward.
Please do not write any more, thank you.
==========================================================
Edited by adiSWISS

How much for entry!!!

I'm from the UK.

Only the rebooking fee of R2500
  • "Between 02 March and Registration: R2500 per rider change"

Morning Adrian. You probably have a couple of 100 responses by now. Not sure if this is a DM, so here is a short account of myself if you havnt decided yet. Im 50, triathlete that tries to be competitive in my age group. I do Mountain Biking for absolute fun. I live about 8km from the finish at Val de Vie. The Wellington trails are my local trail park & We ride Eselfontein (stage 1) at least once a year. Ive done various stage races & its not once bugged me that Im nowhere near the podium....My name is also Adrian so easy to remember. Let me know if if you keen & need more info. I prefer direct contact - A

Only the rebooking fee of R2500
  • "Between 02 March and Registration: R2500 per rider change"

Good Morning Adrian,

My name is Ivan from Johannesburg. I am 54 years old and more of a roadie with a off road racing background. My technical and downhill skills are good but my climbing is a challenge. I am leaving for Cape Town this Friday for the cycle tour on Sunday. I would have to tweek some arrangements. If Adrian pr speedyspurs cannot make it for some reason please let me know. Regards Ivan. Good Luck with finding the replacement and enjoy.

Hi

I’ve done 3 Epics, I’m 60yo , love in Cape Town , middle of pack ride at Epic, training for Joberg2c so good base fitness. I’ve ridden Prologue route few times. Last Epic 2017 , but know the drill of what it takes to finish a Epic

Kind regards

Neil Mckillop

Mobile number:

+27829006521

Hi i have done the epic before and willing to ride with you.i have done long endurance rides like 360ne, attakwas and teanskaroo races. I have always dreamed of doing the epic again. Hope im the chosen one. All the best for the training Albert

Edited by albert14

this is basically like the BACHELOR - cape epic version!

Adiswiss,

good luck finding the right person.

you have made an amazing gesture by offering a free entry, you will no doubt get lots of interest.

I wouldn't go with the first person who contacts you, this is a team event and picking a stranger that you will spend a week doing everything with is not simple.

good luck, hope you find the right partner, finish the race, and enjoy doing it!

this is basically like the BACHELOR - cape epic version!

Adiswiss,

good luck finding the right person.

you have made an amazing gesture by offering a free entry, you will no doubt get lots of interest.

I wouldn't go with the first person who contacts you, this is a team event and picking a stranger that you will spend a week doing everything with is not simple.

good luck, hope you find the right partner, finish the race, and enjoy doing it!

what he needs a guy who can fix anything with a swiss army knife and chewing gum

thats right..

he needs ME!!

I think the attractive blonde babe will get the nod :clap: Maybe posting some pics here will help Adrian to decide :clap:

One way to break through 1000 messages in one day ;).

adiSWISS, I am curious what your plan is to select your partner. Having done Epic before even a generally fit rider jumping at the opportunity now with less than two weeks to go will not be a pleasant partner to content with, ... unless he trained with hope for such an opportunity. I would carefully study your suspect's Strava account to see whether those legs and lungs are ready ;)

Good luck with your choice and enjoy the ride! 

One way to break through 1000 messages in one day ;).

adiSWISS, I am curious what your plan is to select your partner. Having done Epic before even a generally fit rider jumping at the opportunity now with less than two weeks to go will not be a pleasant partner to content with, ... unless he trained with hope for such an opportunity. I would carefully study your suspect's Strava account to see whether those legs and lungs are ready ;)

Good luck with your choice and enjoy the ride! 

You're welcome to study mine :)

more than confident my legs can take me and my partner through the Epic