Wear a Black Arm Band March 8 2020

FootballingCyclist

Just seen a video of "gatvol Capetonian calls for disruption of cycle tour." I don't care to share the video as the less publicity this gets the better. Lets hope the event can still happen in 2020 - from Viruses to communities.

Yeah been raised and spoken about a few pages back and many have commented and I got into a little "let me put you on your place because I'm not intimidated by you" banter with Fadiel. After he swore at me and I told him I'm not threatened by him, His replies changed very quickly, He then started swearing at other people, woman too, telling her her mother gives nice head bla bla, anyway I digress.

From ex team mates and friends who live in Ocean View I heard that the word on the street after his video was that they were all in, roads would be closed because they have a constitutional right to protest bla bla bla etc etc etc, then on the Ocean View Residents whatsapp group apparently the messages were going around that they will not protest, they will just all wear black in solidarity with the little girls family who was shot and killed.

So there are 2 completely different stories and I guess we'll just have to wait for race day to find out.

Ps, saw another post in a community group on FB asking for people to please help and come support Fadiel because he is really struggling on day 7 of this hunger strike bla bla bla.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps, saw another post in a community group on FB asking for people to please help and come support Fadiel because he is really struggling on day 7 of this hunger strike bla bla bla.

Happy to support.

If he is still on hunger strike when I arrive later this week, I'll take him some KFC.

What a great change of tone.

Imagine the majority of riders wearing black arm bands and having a moment of silence for all gang related victims at the start. Doesn't anybody know someone in the organising committee who could be able to send an SMS out to all the participants?

We are all gatvol of the violence in our country.

What a great change of tone.

Imagine the majority of riders wearing black arm bands and having a moment of silence for all gang related victims at the start. Doesn't anybody know someone in the organising committee who could be able to send an SMS out to all the participants?

We are all gatvol of the violence in our country.

Maybe a little note can be slipped into each race pack, and they can announce it at the start perhaps and we have a moment silence before each number seeding group(not every bunch)

i'll be silent protesting the silent protest while riding my bike...

don't get me wrong...i get it and I empathise.

But I also think it is wrong to hijack any social/public/sports event (that has its own causes and charities for that matter) to push political agendas. Thats right out of the red overall playbook. if everybody did it for everything that goes wrong in this country every day we will be left with nothing.

If we are brutally honest....the average onlooker or spectator will see the protest and have absolutely no idea what the hell is being referenced anyway, if i wasn't on here reading about it now...I wouldn't have.

And hopefully when protesters realise they are not getting the attention they wanted....it doesn't all go pear shaped then after all.

Right, Like Jewiies ride for furry ones, this arm band thing should not just be limited to the riders at the CTCT, lets get ALL cyclists to do this on Sunday.

Even if you are riding the CTCT or not, in Cape Town or not.

How the yankee doodle do you start an Instagram type movement thingy in a rush ?