Micro Spline Cost

Peron

Good morning

I am researching changing my current Sram 11 speed setup to a Shimano 12 speed XT setup .I am currently using a DT Swiss xd ratchet free hub body.

Can anyone advise where I can get a cost effective micro spline Dt Swiss ratchet free hub, as currently the cost is around R2000 locally which is exorbitant in my opinion.

Has anyone tried the Aliexpress alternatives and comment on the quality?

I could get a Sram Gx eagle upgrade but would like to go back to a Shimano setup.

Good morning

I am researching changing my current Sram 11 speed setup to a Shimano 12 speed XT setup .I am currently using a DT Swiss xd ratchet free hub body.

Can anyone advise where I can get a cost effective micro spline Dt Swiss ratchet free hub, as currently the cost is around R2000 locally which is exorbitant in my opinion.

I could get a Sram Gx eagle upgrade but would like to go back to a Shimano setup.

I have ordered a few things from Aliexpress and other Chinese shops and the quality has not been bad. Never what you looking for though. BUT I have 2 items that I ordered late December waiting at the post office but I am scared to go pick them up. Not sure if the dude who packaged it has corona or not..................

Good morning

Chat to Bike-Addict - they seem to have it a bit less but not sure if it comes with the end cap.

https://bike-addict.co.za/products/dt-swiss-shimano-12-speed-freehub-for-star-ratchet-hubs-microspline?_pos=3&_sid=4f48f26ff&_ss=r

Otherwise have a look at some of the international guys.

https://www.bike24.com/p2295790.html for EUR50. Expect to pay for shipping and some VAT on arrival but may be cheaper.

Just order from bike24 takes 3 weeks, cost me roughly R1000 for free hub and end cap and you can add some of the special red grease.

merlin also has them for exactly the same price as the other versions (±R1k).....which is how it should be imo...typical local shops taking the p*ss imo.

Good morning

Hi,I can try and help.I retail them for R1550 incl.original DT part SKU: HWRABL00S2148S 

You could use a SRAM GX Eagle cassette but switch to a Shimano 12 speed shifter and rear derailleur.

I used my XO1 cassette whilst I waited for Hope to release their Microspline until I could use my XTR 12sp.   So it was just rear mech and shifter until then, and it was perfect.... BUT....

... damn, just go the whole hog in one shot.  The shifting (up especially) makes the Eagle stuff feel clunky and horrible.

EDIT TO ADD:  I mean it worked fine, but once you've experienced the 12sp Shimano shifting, the Eagle feels p03s.

Edited by Simon123

Yeah. Must admit. Went from Eagle XO on my old bike to the new XT on my new bike. “New bike honeymoon” aside, I cannot begin to explain how good the new Shimano 12 speed stuff is. That microspline body sounds like a Chris King hub!! The shifting is so smooth and accurate. Double clicks both up and down. Aaaaah, so nice, just writing this makes me want to ride!!

seeing how much people love the new shimano stuff makes me soo happy and really gives me hope that they're going to take back a big market share from sram #trustthejaps