Best VPN for Netflix?

Xianders

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using NordVPN for about a month and I'm quite happy with it thus far. Speed to the US is not as fast as the local speed, obviously, but it is mostly fine.

My frustration that I've since discovered is that I can't use it on my Google Chromecast, which is quite annoying, so I'm restricted to watching georestricted shows on a computer, unfortunately.

Does getflix still work.. that did everything you needed

Yup, been using it for years and it works a charm.

I would recommend a smart DNS like Getflix over VPN any day.

VPN's come with added latency and protocol decoding on both ends so it slows the connection down, there is also the factor that you need to connect the device to the VPN where with smart DNS your router transparently allows every device on the network to access geo-locked content.

how will all of this work with a Mibox thingy ?

Those types of questions are exactly why I like smart DNS. You configure your router and then you never need to configure the devices.

Those types of questions are exactly why I like smart DNS. You configure your router and then you never need to configure the devices.

Speak english brother ....

Yup, been using it for years and it works a charm.

I would recommend a smart DNS like Getflix over VPN any day.

VPN's come with added latency and protocol decoding on both ends so it slows the connection down, there is also the factor that you need to connect the device to the VPN where with smart DNS your router transparently allows every device on the network to access geo-locked content.

Problem with that is that you can't change IP addresses as easily as with a VPN. Sometimes content is available in one location and not another or Netflix recognises you are using a VPN. With a VPN it is a matter of just choosing another location whereas with  a DNS it's more of a job to reconfigure your router. 

Horses for courses..