Petition: Bring Back the Classifieds Comments

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/fat-bikes/454034/raleigh-duke-40

Gotta love this pic. Are we selling garden plants, paving stones or a fat bike here. Perhaps looking for garden rake recommendations?

"I am selling it because I am now unfortunately too tall to ride it"

Massive growth spurt?  :eek: 

Also, the seatpost doesn't even seem to be maxed out...

Think you need to recheck the link ...... your vent is abit off target

thank you for quoting this rant.

it's awesome, (and not far off the mark either)

Yup, I feel like a royal &$@ about that one. Apologies everyone

Haha, no worries!  :thumbup:

I tried to find your ad now, did you remove it? If it sold, even better!

To reply to your comments about the new reality, I'm very aware of all the points you've raised. Market dynamics and game theory have been somewhat of a bedtime reading hobby of mine over the years. What's extremely interesting is how the psychology plays out differently in buyers and sellers' minds when things get real, as they have been getting recently...

Look, the reality is that the market has been (and is still) adjusting, but as in any market there are outlier cases created by individuals who either don't understand how much of a swing the market can tolerate, or they do understand but count on someone else not understanding and assuming that the crazy swing they see is normal and then biting.

Haha, no worries! :thumbup:

I tried to find your ad now, did you remove it? If it sold, even better!

To reply to your comments about the new reality, I'm very aware of all the points you've raised. Market dynamics and game theory have been somewhat of a bedtime reading hobby of mine over the years. What's extremely interesting is how the psychology plays out differently in buyers and sellers' minds when things get real, as they have been getting recently...

Look, the reality is that the market has been (and is still) adjusting, but as in any market there are outlier cases created by individuals who either don't understand how much of a swing the market can tolerate, or they do understand but count on someone else not understanding and assuming that the crazy swing they see is normal and then biting.

I hear and actually have to agree with you on the ad you pointed out.

I had to pull my ad since I misunderstood Yonda’s finance of second hand bikes. It’s only through dealers and not personal sales. I was in a rush to land a deal and did not do my homework properly before placing my ad. So between this misguided rant and that premature ad I’ve been doing a lot of apologising here on the hub.

Maybe I just need to be patient, save and avoid debt.

I hear and actually have to agree with you on the ad you pointed out.

I had to pull my ad since I misunderstood Yonda’s finance of second hand bikes. It’s only through dealers and not personal sales. I was in a rush to land a deal and did not do my homework properly before placing my ad. So between this misguided rant and that premature ad I’ve been doing a lot of apologising here on the hub.

Maybe I just need to be patient, save and avoid debt.

Cool.

Absolutely avoid debt if you can. In my opinion the only debt worth having is for two things:

• Appreciating assets.
  • Tools which make you money (even if the tools themselves depreciate like crazy).

Ride that Enduro in the meantime, it's a sweet sled!

(Edit: Stupid typos)

Edited by Martin Hattingh

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/watches-and-wearables/454413/wahoo-element-rival-watch

Brand new in the box - never been work - newly release Wahoo Element Rival watch. Bought for R8999 from Wahoo SA last week, but doesn't have Golf function like Garmin.

Do you not research or ask important questions when buying something for R9k  :whistling:  :oops:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/watches-and-wearables/454413/wahoo-element-rival-watch

Brand new in the box - never been work - newly release Wahoo Element Rival watch. Bought for R8999 from Wahoo SA last week, but doesn't have Golf function like Garmin.

Do you not research or ask important questions when buying something for R9k  :whistling:  :oops:

Surely the item can be returned for a refund?