Petition: Bring Back the Classifieds Comments

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/single-speed-mountain-bikes/421586/gt-mountain-mike-single-speed?referrer=top

And then you get flipping decent deals like this 3K bike, with better pics than adverts where the bikes are selling for around 150K

Ah man if I wasn't on this stupid 50% for days worked salary rubbish I would have seriously considered that. I have been wanting to convert my old 26" GT commuter into a SS for so long but for that price I would rather have a N+1.

Ah man if I wasn't on this stupid 50% for days worked salary rubbish I would have seriously considered that. I have been wanting to convert my old 26" GT commuter into a SS for so long but for that price I would rather have a N+1.

We are in the exact same boat you and I!

Could admin add a mandatory "box" to enter size on helmets please ...  ;) 

I'm past sending pm's to sellers for size .... I just skip classifieds now when size is not specified.  :ph34r:  :D 

I feel the same with tyres, yes they say its a 29er but I need to open every  damn add to see what size it is  :cursing:

@admin

I would really like to see forks advertised with year model as a prerequisite ... a 5 year old Pike for example, is certainly not the same as a 1 year old Pike, but the older forks are being advertised at prices befitting the newer forks.

I feel it will protect and create a level playing field for both sellers and buyers. 

@admin

I would really like to see forks advertised with year model as a prerequisite ... a 5 year old Pike for example, is certainly not the same as a 1 year old Pike, but the older forks are being advertised at prices befitting the newer forks.

I feel it will protect and create a level playing field for both sellers and buyers. 

How do fork year models work? Is it on the serial number?

Making prerequisites reduces the ease of posting an advert. One result might be that the person posting the fork you want can't be bothered or they just make it up so they can post. It is confusing enough for some people with bike year models.

@admin

agree....the only clue you have now is trying to match stickers on forks to official marketing material...and even then OEM decals sometimes differ.

How do fork year models work? Is it on the serial number?

Making prerequisites reduces the ease of posting an advert. One result might be that the person posting the fork you want can't be bothered or they just make it up so they can post. It is confusing enough for some people with bike year models.

You would have to trust the person selling the fork would be honest about when it was bought, or which year model bike the fork came on.

As confusing as what it could be for the seller if they do not know what they are selling, the same confusion must be felt by a buyer who may not know what they are buying?