Why?

Brettowski

Peeps,

Im absolutely appalled by the response I've had to an advert placed, people have no shame in offering you 50 to 60% of asking price of item that's on offer....then get all bent out of shape when you tell them to take a hike! 

It just blows my mind.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Peeps,

Im absolutely appalled by the response I've had to an advert placed, people have no shame in offering you 50 to 60% of asking price of item that's on offer....then get all bent out of shape when you tell them to take a hike! 

It just blows my mind.

K

Peeps,

It just blows my mind.

there is no money left in the country .... at least you are getting offers ....

There is more than 1500 bikes for sale on bikehub .... don't think I've ever seen that number available before. If you want to get rid of "stuffs" you are going to have to let go (of what you think it's worth)  ;) 

Edited by Eddie_V

That's a lot of bikes. I thought I detected a whiff of desparation at sime of the stands at the expo. Next few years are crunch time.

there is no money left in the country .... at least you are getting offers ....

There is more than 1500 bikes for sale on bikehub .... don't think I've ever seen that number available before. If you want to get rid of "stuffs" you are going to have to let go (of what you think it's worth) ;)

Peeps,

It just blows my mind.

Dear sir there are so many possible reasons for "low ball offers" :

- There are literally people trolling the classifieds, looking for bargains, which they just re-sell at a higher price.  So you will always get the odd seriously low ball offer.

- Somebody may like the product ... but are waiting for a bargain, and just testing the waters ...

- is yours a sought after model ?  

- The list just carries on and on, BUT then the real question: "Is your product priced to sell?"

Is this your add - https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/profile/16845

I had a 2018 model Scott Spark 940, so I am familiar with the colour schemes and prices of this series of bikes.  I also know that a newer RC model than yours were for sale on the Hub 4 weeks ago at only R20k - which frankly is TOO CHEAP !  That model was more than R60k 18 months ago .... That price has me wondering if it a damaged bike, truly under priced, or heaven forbid a hot item .....  The problem being there are more such specials up for grabs in the classifieds.

Your bike has to be truly exceptional to get more than 50 to 60% of the original purchase price.

The fact that such a price is a fraction of the current model price has no bearing on what the market is willing to pay.

The problem with bikes are the bargains you get from dealers. They drop old stock prices to such extent that the difference between new and used is so small. They are sitting with the stock of past 2 years and need to move it.

So the prices drop but it's almost always odd sizes, and that the people who are trolling the adds don't see.

There was a bike identical to yours on here for less than 30k but it's a XL. Not a popular size and doesn't matter how cheap it is if it doesn't fit it's useless.