Why?

Brettowski

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll the "Boast about you latest purchase" thread, the frequency of posts and nature of items being boasted about reflect what is referred to as "the sign of the times" above.

Now is the time to enjoy your spare time using your "old" toys.

The wheel will turn, it always does.

The problem with bikes are the bargains you get from dealers. They drop old stock prices to such extent that the difference between new and used is so small. They are sitting with the stock of past 2 years and need to move it.

So the prices drop but it's almost always odd sizes, and that the people who are trolling the adds don't see.

There was a bike identical to yours on here for less than 30k but it's a XL. Not a popular size and doesn't matter how cheap it is if it doesn't fit it's useless.

I disagree. There's hardly a difference between new and 2nd hand? I'd need some data to backup this ludicrosity

I disagree. There's hardly a difference between new and 2nd hand? I'd need some data to backup this ludicrosity

I am talking about old stock bikes. Have a look at 2018 old stock bike prices at places like Specialized, Trek and then look at the same year used bikes prices differ very little.

Peeps,

Im absolutely appalled by the response I've had to an advert placed, people have no shame in offering you 50 to 60% of asking price of item that's on offer....then get all bent out of shape when you tell them to take a hike! 

It just blows my mind.

Just checking ... you are saying that you had a full service on the bike and this now makes it "better than new" when the whole bikes was, well new.

In the service did you replace all the bearings, chain, saddle, grips, brake pads etc?

Peeps,

Im absolutely appalled by the response I've had to an advert placed, people have no shame in offering you 50 to 60% of asking price of item that's on offer....then get all bent out of shape when you tell them to take a hike!

It just blows my mind.

Have you sold it yet?

I have been turned off things on the classifieds because prices are just too high, there is a nice bike on at the moment that I am VERY interested in, but the seller has priced it R2k above what a NEW one sells for now, sometimes sellers are just delirious...

Edit : and I wont make an offer, because what I am willing/able to pay, the seller would tell me #### off, I will just wait around, I have seen them at my price, bound to pop up again at some point

Edited by Chadvdw67