East Rand Classic Cancelled?

OG Imports

Hi guys, I was speaking to friends over the weekend and was told the East Rand Classic (supposed to be on 5 April) has been cancelled.

There has been nothing about cancellation on their social media pages or website but the cycleevents entry page has been removed: http://www.cycleevents.co.za/road-events/takealot-east-rand-classic/#more-22066.

Was keen to do this event but looks like its not happening now? anyone have more info on what the story is?

If, what I heard, this isn’t the only race that will be missing from the calendar this year.

Keen on the race. Rumours floating that ASG has money problems, but it's just a rumour. Let's hope we get confirmation soon, want to use it as a shake down race before Maluti. 

I was planning my trip for this over the weekend, then got onto Cyclevents this morning before seeing this and noticed its gone... its shame, was a good event and would have been ideal before the Maluti.

Will probably have to do the Joburg Classic now.

yup, I'm doing the same. Just entered for Joburg Classic

I was planning my trip for this over the weekend, then got onto Cyclevents this morning before seeing this and noticed its gone... its shame, was a good event and would have been ideal before the Maluti.

Will probably have to do the Joburg Classic now.

Dont know how they have money problems. All you win at the events is a voucher to spend at their shop. Which you cant use on discounted items. And everything is always discounted :-(

CGC or should that be SGC now,  are not aware its been cancelled, Entries were open for a while so surely by now those that have already entered should have been notified. 

And even at their "discounted price" the prices are still 15-25% higher than everywhere else in SA  :whistling:

Dont know how they have money problems. All you win at the events is a voucher to spend at their shop. Which you cant use on discounted items. And everything is always discounted :-(

Entries are too high and people expect too much.

I hope that we soon get back to doing races/rides that offer value for money. Who needs fully stocked feed zones and being carried in the lap of luxury?

What happend to Water points that had just that, or maybe a few jelly beans/babys. Less effort/cost on manicuring the trails. Damn, cut a narrow walking trail and the riders ride it.

All these races/rides (including the Epic) are normally less than 100km so you take two sachets of drink mix and you are sorted.

Lets get real again.

Shared on our race group chat

db66bb6ee147b60e7e02c85b34111f57.jpg

So the event has been canceled. And now ASG is using the Corona virus situation as a convenient excuse in their statement. Absolutely pathetic.

So the event has been canceled. And now ASG is using the Corona virus situation as a convenient excuse in their statement. Absolutely pathetic.

Where does it mention Corona Virus? Please tell me?