Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already entered for 2021

Got my entry email yesterday, Haven't entered yet but will do soon. Closing date on that email is 31 March so I got 2 weeks.

My Argus history.. bear in mind that I'm reasonably fit and have done a number of 100km races in under 3:00, so obviously a sub-3 is a big goal for me. (This is not a brag, it's just important to the narrative.) But I'm not obsessive about training and I'm not psychically gifted, so to have any chance I need to be a good starting group and need the weather to play ball. 

2015: I train hard. Literally about to buy an entry. Then there are fires and they shorten the route. Decide against it. 

2016: Skipped. Don't know why and don't know what happened. 

2017: I train hard. I buy an entry. The group before mine gets sent off, we make our way to the line, and it is cancelled. 

2018: I train hard. I buy an entry. Then a friend organizes a skiing trip that can't be turned down (cheap flights and free accom in switzerland). So I sell my entry and the weather is PERFECT, about 1200 sub-3's roll through.

2019: I train fairly hard. I finally get to ride, but it's one the windiest years to not be cancelled and there are literally ten times fewer sub-3s than the previous year. 

2020: I skip and brilliant conditions prevail. 

The only thing that can be concluded from this is that, if I don't even so much as consider riding the argus, the rest of you guys will have a great ride. You can't argue with the stats. 

So at this stage I will happily accept donations TO NOT ride in 2021.  

Nick PLEASE let me know if you even consider riding in 2021 ....   :eek: 

Anybody have any idea what date the 2021 CTCT will be :) ?

Sunday 7 March 2021 .... most probably ....

I just heard that they going to give the short route option another go for 2021.

The authorities who turned down the request previously are now willing to look at the logistics again and reconsider.

Basically an out and back on the Blue Route.

I just heard that they going to give the short route option another go for 2021.

The authorities who turned down the request previously are now willing to look at the logistics again and reconsider.

Same day or Saturday? If Saturday, I would be keen to do both days. Would be the 2nd time doing that route.

Sunday 7 March 2021 .... most probably ....

Like said above, traditionally the 2nd Sunday. A few years back it was held on the first Sunday because there was a concert or something(Think it was Lionel Richie???) on the 2nd weekend at greenpoint.

Solomons cycles....if you reading this pls come back with a bang! Not much specials to choose from when u guys not around!

I missed them this year! Any idea why they didn't exhibit?

This will be great for cycling but the route will be key in attracting volumes of mewbies to the event!

Same day or Saturday? If Saturday, I would be keen to do both days. Would be the 2nd time doing that route.

A double might be enough to make the trip a bit more worth it. Saturday chilling with the slower friends, and Sunday trying for sub 3, about until the first hill when I realize I should have trained more.