Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A double might be enough to make the trip a bit more worth it. Saturday chilling with the slower friends, and Sunday trying for sub 3, about until the first hill when I realize I should have trained more. 

Yeah it would be lekker. But I would not chill on the Saturday. I did a 1h12m on the out and back a few years back. Keen to try go under 1h10m and then of course Sub 3 on the Sunday!!!!

I'm already disappointed in the goodie bag.

I haven't even seen mine from this years yet. Never had a chance to look at it this weekend and left it with my folks to bring back. Only seeing them today. My toppie says there is some caffiene gel thing that is not bad. 

I haven't even seen mine from this years yet. Never had a chance to look at it this weekend and left it with my folks to bring back. Only seeing them today. My toppie says there is some caffiene gel thing that is not bad. 

the fabric softener smells nice

my worry is that if they do the short route on the same day and it is indeed out and back it might take up half the blue route on the one side, leaving only half of it for the full distance guys.

my worry is that if they do the short route on the same day and it is indeed out and back it might take up half the blue route on the one side, leaving only half of it for the full distance guys.

The finish would also be a stuff up as we would be finishing in different directions, assuming they use the same route as the fire ride short route.

We caught the tandems again this year, maybe they start behind the ladies.

I caught a cold the week before the race, maybe they could have the race on the first Sunday of March instead....

Same day or Saturday? If Saturday, I would be keen to do both days. Would be the 2nd time doing that route.

From what I gathered it sounded like same day. There was mention that one of the reasons for not considering the short route was the amount of additional logistics and available officials required with not enough notice given to the authorities to plan for this etc. I honestly cannot see how this is such a big issue?

Also, if held on Saturday it would clash with the expo which in itself is an event that requires logistics and staffing etc...

Will there be an E-bike category?

with a charging station and all and all .... you know, a man needs juice to beat the land speed record ....