Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Someone dropped a gel pouch. On a serious note, as we are planning to bring a group of overseas (hopefully sans covid-19) riders, has the actual date been confirmed yet for the 2021? 

Edited by ibruegge

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone dropped a gel pouch. On a serious note, as we are planning to bring a group of overseas (hopefully sans covid-19) riders, has the actual date been confirmed yet for the 2021?

normally second Sunday in March

I hear it's taking place on zwift. Special route being released and all.

Mainly because we are such a passionate cycling fraternity, and it is the biggest amateur cycling race, with the biggest amount of couch pro's in the world.

What would the Expo be if you take out all the supplement companies and clothing companies? Prediction for 2021 would be more socks, more supplements, more clothing less bicycles!

only saw bikes from a few manufactures...very disappointing....was out of there very quickly....even went round twice so i didn't miss much...

I hear it's taking place on zwift. Special route being released and all.

Mainly because we are such a passionate cycling fraternity, and it is the biggest amateur cycling race, with the biggest amount of couch pro's in the world.

I heard the same. most riders will connecting from Prison because they were all ratted out in Lock down for wondering 100m beyond their radius

The cutoff will be 9am. So some people will be arrested in their start pens.

But look at the bright side. It's good motivation for a solid seeding and getting those training miles in.

The cutoff will be 9am. So some people will be arrested in their start pens.

But look at the bright side. It's good motivation for a solid seeding and getting those training miles in.

with no races between now and then they will need to use our Strava for seeding. All the e dopers from Zwift will be starting in the first batch ahead of the pros.

with no races between now and then they will need to use our Strava for seeding. All the e dopers from Zwift will be starting in the first batch ahead of the pros.

Easily identifiable by our lack of group riding skills, shouting close the gap, and falling down at the sight of a cat-eye. 

Easily identifiable by our lack of group riding skills, shouting close the gap, and falling down at the sight of a cat-eye. 

????? I thought RIiiiiiiiiide ooooon was the rallying cry

And remember to hold your line, not sure what that means though... :drool: 

Wonder if social distancing rules will apply to bigger gaps between starting groups? :ph34r:

With the future of social etiquette still very much up in the air, it must be a nightmare for event orgaisers.

For me, the thought of standing shoulder to shoulder in a start pen is really unappealing at the moment.

Especially a running race. There it's just scantily clad people, lubed up, milling around with anxious sweat oozing from exposed pores rubbing against you to get a 'better position' or find their time bus etc while the smell of protein fart and deep heat overwhelms your senses....

With no bikes to create space it really is just a bodily fluid swap orgy.

I watch TV shows and absently think 'why are they standing so close to each other?!' and 'why are they out?!' when scenes change. 

We don't know what the 'new normal' will look like and until we can understand just how much this has affected the mentality of the target market, going forward is all just feeling your way across a fast flowing, murky river with a pool noodle.

With the future of social etiquette still very much up in the air, it must be a nightmare for event orgaisers.

For me, the thought of standing shoulder to shoulder in a start pen is really unappealing at the moment.

Especially a running race. There it's just scantily clad people, lubed up, milling around with anxious sweat oozing from exposed pores rubbing against you to get a 'better position' or find their time bus etc while the smell of protein fart and deep heat overwhelms your senses....

With no bikes to create space it really is just a bodily fluid swap orgy.

I watch TV shows and absently think 'why are they standing so close to each other?!' and 'why are they out?!' when scenes change. 

We don't know what the 'new normal' will look like and until we can understand just how much this has affected the mentality of the target market, going forward is all just feeling your way across a fast flowing, murky river with a pool noodle.

at least we are not a surfer or similar at the moment...

on a more serious note...you might see TTs going back in vogue as riders need competition...as for mass start events etc its going to be an insurance nightmare...travel..

events will have to try to be smart...for mtb riders...no groups at all...start at intervals etc..passing spots on trails etc...the big fun group element that makes events in this country so special and unique will struggle initially but they will be back..

but as for race villages etc....i wish these events well..its a brilliant unique experience here in SA and I say that as an outsider...