Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

The weather today.. wow, not sure what it looked like on the Peninsula side, but in the Northern Subs I don't think you could have asked for a more perfect day.

If today was a actual race day there would have been many that would have had FOMO. 

Edited by LeoKnight

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried again this morning. Downloaded the route fine (took a long time though), got riding no problem, just cannot get my Garmin HRM connected.

All went well until dropping down to the Blue Route, when it slowed down, froze, got going again very slowly and just did not get back up to speed. After 15 minutes of what looked like buffering, I got off the bike and just gave up.

At this stage the stats said I did just on 15km in an hour of riding. I know I am unfit, but not to that extend. :whistling:

The app itself is nowhere near as refined and intuitive as Zwift or Sufferfest, Rouvy and most of the other platforms. I won’t be continuing with it after the trial is over. Needs more development I think.

The app itself is nowhere near as refined and intuitive as Zwift or Sufferfest, Rouvy and most of the other platforms. I won’t be continuing with it after the trial is over. Needs more development I think.

Working on the download etc. now. Plan is (was) to ride with a mate that is in the USA.

Seems we can't setup a Group ride unless I am missing the "Group Ride" button according to this article

https://support.fulgaz.com/hc/en-us/articles/360049828932-Creating-your-own-group-rides-and-races

Anyone have any tips? Plan is to start at around 17:00 SA time.

Thanks!

Same here.

But they do have an impressive amount of routes to choose from.

I see they do have a history of the platform freezing, they even advise what to do in the event, on their website.

We did a little lap this morning, was damp from Simons Town till Ocean View. 

Really impressed how well the 70 odd people rode in the driving rain, no line switches, no jumping on brakes, no bottles going flying. Racing today would have been something else though. 

Rhodes drive was a real treat on the route. 

We did a little lap this morning, was damp from Simons Town till Ocean View.

Really impressed how well the 70 odd people rode in the driving rain, no line switches, no jumping on brakes, no bottles going flying. Racing today would have been something else though.

Rhodes drive was a real treat on the route.

Also did my CTCT memory ride yesterday (in the rain). Saw your group on top of Chappies. In fact you were the only big group I saw yesterday, was much quieter than usual out there. I guess other than the rain we also had our dates wrong, CTCT would have been next week not yesterday...

I see the racetec results website/page has been struggling this weekend. I was unable to view it all weekend, I just looked now and I can view it again but it hasn't been updated since Friday. Maybe the lack of use over the last year has let the cobwebs get in.

Also did my CTCT memory ride yesterday (in the rain). Saw your group on top of Chappies. In fact you were the only big group I saw yesterday, was much quieter than usual out there. I guess other than the rain we also had our dates wrong, CTCT would have been next week not yesterday...

True, but as soon as the Cycle Tour was cancelled, Mrs Savage took advantage and booked out next weekend.

This weekend looked like race weekend in boksburg, so many people out on bikes. Even had a few that were doing the whole strap a boombox to the bike thing as if they were really doing the August.

I did it backwards - la sugrA

it made sense starting from f'hoek to do the silly traffic bit early and why not do it this way round for once?

luckily I hooked up with some like minded friends by chance early on and we had a mild semblance of a paceline at times. It was rather quieter than expected on the roads. Mandatory coffee stop#1 @ Shift espresso and coffee #2 + roasted wrap @ The Hub in scarbs bookended some drizzle but nothing too greasy. I thought the drag to CPoint gate might be a lonely slog into a mild s'easter on tired unused legs but it passed ok.

post-1830-0-97083300-1615189724_thumb.jpeg

True, but as soon as the Cycle Tour was cancelled, Mrs Savage took advantage and booked out next weekend.

When did they sneakily move it to 7th of March?...it should be the second sunday/14th as per this release - https://www.capetowncycletour.com/blog/cape-town-cycle-tour-2021-update/