Wind was strong on some parts of the route

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Soooooooooooo,

Last Night at the weekly Tue night Killarney track ride, The PPA Chairman announced that they have penciled down the 10/10/2021 for the CTCT. Followed by the usual "PPA members get 1st priority" and then also that the race will be capped to only 15 000 entrants.

So for those who trained hard, start training hard again LOL

*Wonder if those who paid to do it virtually  can say they've already paid for the 2021 event or will also get preference :ph34r: .

This morning my friend Sakkie completed his 31st consecutive CTCT 109 for 109 Charity Challenge for March 2021.

He also turned 61 today and to celebrate his wife had a special medal made to celebrate.

6V2EQ7vXCwKyqACKcg77iiCodE6dVmytOVZhCrau

post-36309-0-10487300-1617211005_thumb.gif

post-36309-0-31816200-1617698961_thumb.gif

Edited by WIPEOUT 1000

This morning my friend Sakkie completed his 31st consecutive CTCT 109 for 109 Charity Challenge for March 2021.

He also turned 61 today and to celebrate his wife had a special medal made to celebrate.

6V2EQ7vXCwKyqACKcg77iiCodE6dVmytOVZhCrau

I been following his rides on strava. They been proper rides as well, not just flat tailwind stuff. This is really Grand Tour stuff. I take my hat off to him.

Well Done Sakkie.

I been following his rides on strava. They been proper rides as well, not just flat tailwind stuff. This is really Grand Tour stuff. I take my hat off to him.

Well Done Sakkie.

check the guy in 2nd place...

His rides haven't had any climbing under 1000m either. Aaaah to be comfortably retired and still enjoy your cycling everyday

And I'd bet if you question them you'd get told to mind your own business and get somewhat "attacked" for trying to be "righteous".

so far 146 people have had their strava on when riding hospital bend this year.

Surprisingly i though all of these would be just okes doing their  "pure" argus route, instead quite a few do it all year round it seems.

https://www.strava.com/segments/1079483?filter=overall&fbclid=IwAR06Ivff5zQTi0bNg0Vx7JCSDbZ4YjoBaDMNfzEVXYha6mdigQOmUPswJxs

ps. (for those who don't know, this is probably the most dangerous stretch of freeway in CT, definitely a dumb place to ride)

so far 146 people have had their strava on when riding hospital bend this year.

Surprisingly i though all of these would be just okes doing their "pure" argus route, instead quite a few do it all year round it seems.

https://www.strava.com/segments/1079483?filter=overall&fbclid=IwAR06Ivff5zQTi0bNg0Vx7JCSDbZ4YjoBaDMNfzEVXYha6mdigQOmUPswJxs

ps. (for those who don't know, this is probably the most dangerous stretch of freeway in CT, definitely a dumb place to ride)

Its not called hospital bend for jokes....

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah its official

10th October

Have my doubts that it will happen, but will enter and put in leave anyway.

For those that are wondering:

Weather in October
October in Cape TownSouth Africa, is an agreeable spring month, with average temperature varying between 13.2°C (55.8°F) and 20.7°C (69.3°F). TemperatureIn October, the average high-temperature is essentially the same as in September - a pleasant 20.7°C (69.3°F). In Cape Town, in October, the average low-temperature is 13.2°C (55.8°F). HumidityIn October, the average relative humidity is 71%. RainfallIn Cape Town, South Africa, in October, during 9.4 rainfall days, 29mm (1.14") of precipitation is typically accumulated. Throughout the year, there are 111 rainfall days, and 435mm (17.13") of precipitation is accumulated. Sea temperatureIn Cape Town, South Africa, the average water temperature is 15.9°C (60.6°F).
Note: Swimming in 15.9°C (60.6°F) is not enjoyable for the majority. Controlling breathing becomes progressively more difficult as surface water temperature decreases below 21°C (69.8°F). DaylightIn October, the average length of the day is 13h. SunshineIn October, the average sunshine in Cape Town is 9.5h.

For those that are wondering:

Weather in October
October in Cape TownSouth Africa, is an agreeable spring month, with average temperature varying between 13.2°C (55.8°F) and 20.7°C (69.3°F). Temperature In October, the average high-temperature is essentially the same as in September - a pleasant 20.7°C (69.3°F). In Cape Town, in October, the average low-temperature is 13.2°C (55.8°F). Humidity In October, the average relative humidity is 71%. Rainfall In Cape Town, South Africa, in October, during 9.4 rainfall days, 29mm (1.14") of precipitation is typically accumulated. Throughout the year, there are 111 rainfall days, and 435mm (17.13") of precipitation is accumulated. Sea temperature In Cape Town, South Africa, the average water temperature is 15.9°C (60.6°F).

Note: Swimming in 15.9°C (60.6°F) is not enjoyable for the majority. Controlling breathing becomes progressively more difficult as surface water temperature decreases below 21°C (69.8°F). Daylight In October, the average length of the day is 13h. Sunshine In October, the average sunshine in Cape Town is 9.5h.

Translation ....

October sees the changing of the seasons.  Early October could be cold or mild temperatures.

Traditionally the last week or two of October had the odd HOT days, the beginning of summer.  These would test and show up the flaws in air conditioning systems ... this would signal the start of the busy period for the HVAC techs.  That said, the last 2 or 3 years summer started significantly later.

Going by this, the temperatures really should be nice for riding ..... touch wood !!