Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I understand, they can't have normal start chutes as that would constitute a gathering in 1 confined place?

Let's not kid ourselves, while there are 'better' ways, do they fall within what is allowed in the covid rule book?

Long lines of 200 people? I don't get it? have a 300m line of people all 1.5m apart filtering into what? A start chute they aren't allowed to have? Or over the start line? Wouldn't that just land up being a rolling start?

I'm so confused as to why people think it's such a terrible idea.

But anyway, see you out there. I will be enjoying the closed roads and riding with the lads trying to get a sub3... obviously.

Unless someone finds a way to beat last years BMX challenge for the SPCA. Then I will do that

They should just have start chutes as normal.

everyone just masks up and just before start mask off ,in back pocket and off you go.

No ways I am riding with that extra weight on me. Marginal gains. I will just chuck it on the ground.

belay that.  Does not werk if already valid member...

Same issue here. However, what worked was changing member class to say scholar (or anything else) in the drop-down list and then changing back to main member. This reset it and the R100 payable appeared for renewal.

As far as I understand, they can't have normal start chutes as that would constitute a gathering in 1 confined place?

Let's not kid ourselves, while there are 'better' ways, do they fall within what is allowed in the covid rule book?

Long lines of 200 people? I don't get it? have a 300m line of people all 1.5m apart filtering into what? A start chute they aren't allowed to have? Or over the start line? Wouldn't that just land up being a rolling start?

I'm so confused as to why people think it's such a terrible idea.

But anyway, see you out there. I will be enjoying the closed roads and riding with the lads trying to get a sub3... obviously.

Unless someone finds a way to beat last years BMX challenge for the SPCA. Then I will do that

You called ?

post-81229-0-25739500-1619074546_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Wayne pudding Mol

Is there a 'I love this while pooping my pants' emoji?

Ha ha, if you want to know what happens when you do a downhill at 45 km/h with a front wheel and handlebars like that. I can send you a picture of my scars.

Edited by DJR

Ha ha, if you want to know what happens when you do a downhill at 45 km/h with a front wheel and handlebars like that. I can send you a picture of my scars.

hahaha This scares me.... I hit 60kph plus change on the 20" BMX last year. It was super fun but terrifying. 

This chopper just looks like a whole different kettle of fish!!

check your emails if youve done more than 10

I've just entered.

They have sent that email WIDE ....

I have done other events, but not the CTCT, and yet even I got the invite to enter ....

Thank you for using the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust Online Entry System.
You have been successfully entered into the event.

Event Name: Cape Town Cycle Tour
Event Date: 10 October 2021

:drool:

2 down 17998 to go!

Edited by i24