Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

hahaha This scares me.... I hit 60kph plus change on the 20" BMX last year. It was super fun but terrifying.

This chopper just looks like a whole different kettle of fish!!

Will need new tyres but the gears are slick - you can’t sit on top tube unless you want to lose your nuts

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems LOTS got "this" email :

"You are receiving correspondence because you were a previous participant in the Cape Town Cycle Tour or subscribed to receive RaceTec and CTCT correspondence"

QUESTION - did those with 10 rides get a different email ?

The "standard" email sent to the RaceTech data base:

CAPE TOWN CYCLE TOUR 2021 EVENT UPDATE

What you need to know: 
  • Event date: 10 October 2021
  • PPA entries open: Monday, 26 April @1pm
  • General entries open: Thursday, 29 April @1pm 
  • Entry link: www.capetowncycletour.com 
  • Entry fee: R595 
  • Refund policy? Yes 
  • Covid-19 protocols in place? Yes
  • Entries available? Limited to 18 000 

For more information on the items above – please read a more detailed description below.

For the past 43 years the Cape Town Cycle Tour, presented by Pick n Pay, has contributed millions of Rand into social upliftment and cycling development through its beneficiaries the Rotary Club of Claremont and the Pedal Power Association.

This has only been possible thanks to the incredible support of the thousands of participants from around the world who turn out each year in support of what the Cycle Tour stands for – the promotion of health and fitness through the sport of cycling while at the same time generating much needed funds for those who are less fortunate. 

The postponement of the March 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour has left many worthy charities in dire need of support and many loyal and enthusiastic cyclists have been greatly disappointed. 

The Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust is thus extremely pleased to confirm that a new date has now been agreed for the hosting of the 2021 event.

The 43rd edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour is now scheduled to take place on 10 October 2021, subject to all the necessary permissions being received.

To ensure compliance with national Covid-19 regulations the event will see a revised format and a significantly reduced number of cyclists being permitted to participate.

Revised format:

Cyclists will no longer, as has been tradition, gather on The Grand Parade and be sent off in start batches. Riders will now be allocated a time slot or ‘start window’ during which they must roll across the official start line (at which point their timing chip will activate their actual start time). Cyclists will need to plan their route to the start carefully to ensure that they cross the start line within the “window time” allocated. These start times will be determined in accordance with seeding requirements to ensure safety on the road. 

Reduced participant numbers:

To ensure the requisite Covid-19 protocols and regulations as stipulated by Government are met, the number of participants permitted to enter the 2021 event will be limited to that prescribed by national legislation at the time. For the purposes of planning and based on current projections we anticipate that no more than 50% of our normal entry limit will be able to be accommodated. As a result, we will only be accepting 18 000 entries (with cyclists adopting the rolling start, spread over a period of 4 hours). In the unfortunate event that the 2021 Cycle Tour should either be cancelled or postponed, the Cape Town Cycle Tour Trust has developed a comprehensive refund policy which can be viewed on the Cycle Tour website HERE 

Entry Process:

• Entries for Pedal Power Association members paid up for 2021/2022 will open on Monday, 26 April 2021 at 1pm. 
  • General entries will open on Thursday, 29 April 2021 at 1pm. 
  • Entries will close when the entry limit is reached.
  • The entry fee for the 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour is R595.00 

Seems LOTS got "this" email :

"You are receiving correspondence because you were a previous participant in the Cape Town Cycle Tour or subscribed to receive RaceTec and CTCT correspondence"

QUESTION - did those with 10 rides get a different email ?

The "standard" email sent to the RaceTech data base:.................

I did more than 10 and i got the same email. No invitation to enter early. Maybe I said too many nice things about them? ;)  :P

Mine starts with

"

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour that has completed numerous Tours, we would like to sincerely thank you for your continued support of this world class iconic event.

A reminder that the 43rd edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour is scheduled to take place on Sunday, 10 October 2021, and we would like to give our loyal supporters the very first opportunity to enter.

As with any entry process we need to ensure that any changes to our system are working smoothly and as a result we will be opening entries for a limited group of loyal supporters early to allow them the opportunity to enter while at the same time testing the entry systems’ capabilities.

Please keep in mind, the 2021 edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour will be accepting substantially fewer entries than we would normally accept, this is as a result of the current pandemic, so be sure not to miss this preferential entry opportunity.

Please click on the link below to start the entry process:

Edited by ouzo

No need to follow the entry process for my 29th effort......  :clap:

"'We would like to sincerely Thank You for your kind "Pay it Forward" donation during the early part of the Covid-19 pandemic. With your help we were able to distribute over R500 000 worth of much needed blankets and food parcels into the worst effected communities around the Cycle Tour route.

Included in your donation was an entry into the next edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour which has now been scheduled to take place on 10 October 2021.

This email serves as confirmation that you have been entered into this years edition of the event and you need not worry about the pressure of trying to enter online  – Its all been done!!

We look forward to seeing you on 10 October."

And yes, I firmly believe it  may or may not be windy on race-day!

Most wind will be blown off discussing the rolling start though...

Edited by TIB

Mine starts with

"

As a loyal supporter of the Cape Town Cycle Tour that has completed numerous Tours, we would like to sincerely thank you for your continued support of this world class iconic event.

A reminder that the 43rd edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour is scheduled to take place on Sunday, 10 October 2021, and we would like to give our loyal supporters the very first opportunity to enter.

As with any entry process we need to ensure that any changes to our system are working smoothly and as a result we will be opening entries for a limited group of loyal supporters early to allow them the opportunity to enter while at the same time testing the entry systems’ capabilities.

Please keep in mind, the 2021 edition of the Cape Town Cycle Tour will be accepting substantially fewer entries than we would normally accept, this is as a result of the current pandemic, so be sure not to miss this preferential entry opportunity.

Please click on the link below to start the entry process:

That's the one I got + the other announcement email x3

Nope, entered Friday past. There was a delay is receiving the payment confirmation. Easy to just log back into the entry portal to check if the entry was captured

Says payment failed but the full amount was deducted from my account