Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same issue, but this just got posted on their bookface feed:

“With so much excitement around this year’s event our call centre is currently experiencing high volumes. If you’re a PPA member and struggling to get through, mail us at info@cycletour.co.za and we’ll get back to you ASAP. We are also aware of the payment confirmation ‘time out’ issue: Don’t worry, your status will be updated later if your payment has been successful.”

Got the email on Thursday, told my toppie to check his mails. Got a message a few min later saying "done". #30 here we come. Cant flipping wait.

Then an hour or so later I get another message from my toppie saying he's entered us into both Tshwane classic and Berg n Dale. Flip I had better up the training big time.

Got the email on Thursday, told my toppie to check his mails. Got a message a few min later saying "done". #30 here we come. Cant flipping wait.

Then an hour or so later I get another message from my toppie saying he's entered us into both Tshwane classic and Berg n Dale. Flip I had better up the training big time.

I like your toppie :)

Team DJR entered and paid without trouble.

We are somewhat reduced in numbers, but I am scouting for a new member or two. I have put the challenge out there to my siblings, cousins, nephews and nieces. Let's see if the lazy upcountry lot can get their act together. My offer is that I will ride with anyone of my family doing it for the first time, no matter how slowly.................and then I thought that I may have a spot of trouble keeping up if some of the youngsters take me up on the offer! 

Thought ill be nice and buy a ppa membership since i want to do some of their other events too.....and to enter ctct early...but the website still says i’m a pleb so ill have to wait anyway...

Reminded myself again why memberships are useless lol

Thought ill be nice and buy a ppa membership since i want to do some of their other events too.....and to enter ctct early...but the website still says i’m a pleb so ill have to wait anyway...

should have paid for PPA yesterday,...then when the membership pulls through 24hr later enter CTCT

Their other events have got some scary entry fees

I'm wondering if joining ppa was worth it

should have paid for PPA yesterday,...then when the membership pulls through 24hr later enter CTCT

Meh, ill enter tomorrow like the pleb i am.

PS: was able to enter in the early hours of this morning while lying awake with the baby.

i'm obviously so fast, the system cant cope with my need for speed.....watch out

LOL

PPS: this useless ppa membership BETTER make a difference to my seeding this year haha

Edited by MORNE

its a bit worryig that Dad is still in charge though LOL

Dude, I work for SAAT, I haven't received a full salary for over a year(most I have gotten is 50% of my basic which is like 30% of my normal salary) and S189 got announced yesterday, 60% of us are going. I got no zar to enjoy racing. He is my "sugar daddy"  :D . He's retired and still loves racing so I will gladly allow him to pay for everything. I also love racing tandem with him.

Dude, I work for SAAT, I haven't received a full salary for over a year(most I have gotten is 50% of my basic which is like 30% of my normal salary) and S189 got announced yesterday, 60% of us are going. I got no zar to enjoy racing. He is my "sugar daddy"  :D . He's retired and still loves racing so I will gladly allow him to pay for everything. I also love racing tandem with him.

I read that SAAT was going to start retrenchments. I pray you are protected in this mess.

I'm still undecided if I want to ride this year. I may just spend the day sending some janky lines down a ragged hill somewhere as last year was all about distance and t.i.t.s. for me, but this year has been all about riding trails and having some crazy fun on the way. On a typical ride I'll spend about 3 ~ 4 hours in the saddle and only cover maybe 15 km in that time. But those 15 km are epically fun with repeats of some very dodgy terrain and jumps, jumps and even more jumps. Just a mundane single track ride has become boring to me of late.

I'm still undecided if I want to ride this year. I may just spend the day sending some janky lines down a ragged hill somewhere as last year was all about distance and t.i.t.s. for me, but this year has been all about riding trails and having some crazy fun on the way. On a typical ride I'll spend about 3 ~ 4 hours in the saddle and only cover maybe 15 km in that time. But those 15 km are epically fun with repeats of some very dodgy terrain and jumps, jumps and even more jumps. Just a mundane single track ride has become boring to me of late.

Ride your big bike at the back in a costume, stopping along the way for beer and drunk people in houtbay. Just as much fun doing it in 7 hours that way. To be honest the ctct feels like the shortest 100km ride on earth to me, i like it because it’s fun and it’s nice riding that route carefree once a year. I know alot of people ride ot Lmost everyday....but i cant

Traffic free roads in one of the most beautiful cities in the world while chunks of your hard earned dough goes to charity

It's not a tough decision Robbie