Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Dude, I work for SAAT, I haven't received a full salary for over a year(most I have gotten is 50% of my basic which is like 30% of my normal salary) and S189 got announced yesterday, 60% of us are going. I got no zar to enjoy racing. He is my "sugar daddy"  :D . He's retired and still loves racing so I will gladly allow him to pay for everything. I also love racing tandem with him.

I wish I had a dad like yours. Cherish the oke. Mine departed this earth 20years ago in December :(

Sorry to hear about the S189. It's happening everywhere. Crossfingers that you're unaffected.

We'll likely go through a restructure soon but we've had zero% increase for 2 years now and a dent to the salary with this pandemic decimating volumes.

well at least we have the mountain

Edited by DieselnDust

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Traffic free roads in one of the most beautiful cities in the world while chunks of your hard earned dough goes to charity

It's not a tough decision Robbie

Yoh

You okes are making me realise that I have resorted to taking this place I call home for granted. I reckon I'll do it then if only for all the folks who want to but can't. I can but am not wanting to. That's not a valid excuse then. I'll do my bit and enter.

i'm doing it on my vintage roadie this year so i can get the "wanna go fast" one out the way. Next year i'm doing it on a singlespeed bike for bragging rights lol. The year after that i want to do it with my then 3y old as a passenger 

Yoh

You okes are making me realise that I have resorted to taking this place I call home for granted. I reckon I'll do it then if only for all the folks who want to but can't. I can but am not wanting to. That's not a valid excuse then. I'll do my bit and enter.

Think you need to drown your sorrows en route with some craft beer on tap at Bootlegger then again in Hout Bay.

Think you need to drown your sorrows en route with some craft beer on tap at Bootlegger then again in Hout Bay.

How far are you allowed to stray from the official route. The Aegir Project is right before chappies too

post-64325-0-42349500-1619691975_thumb.jpg

Yoh

damn right. I'm trying everything I can to get work down there in order to move down.

damn right. I'm trying everything I can to get work down there in order to move down.

What line of work you in? Perhaps someone around here knows of something available?

i'm doing it on my vintage roadie this year so i can get the "wanna go fast" one out the way. Next year i'm doing it on a singlespeed bike for bragging rights lol. The year after that i want to do it with my then 3y old as a passenger

Not sure you can "legally" do it. Even as a passenger. They will be too young. But always worth asking when the time arrives. There have been people ask before to relax the min age limit(think it's 12 at the moment) for passengers etc. Not sure if they came right. A mate of mine asked for his lightie(think he was about 8 at the time) but on a tandem and they wouldn't budge but a passenger they may be more lenient. There was a guy who towed his paraplegic son but I don't know how old he was. 

I would be interested to know what they say so do keep me posted in 2 years time. I would be keen to tow my kids as passnegers.

I wish I had a dad like yours. Cherish the oke. Mine departed this earth 20years ago in December :(

Sorry to hear about the S189. It's happening everywhere. Crossfingers that you're unaffected.

We'll likely go through a restructure soon but we've had zero% increase for 2 years now and a dent to the salary with this pandemic decimating volumes.

well at least we have the mountain

I've been through 3 retrenchments here at work and survived all 3 thank goodness. No increases or bonus payments in 3 years.

Its not good but hey I'm still employed

Wish I could cycle to work and remove a vehicle but my route to work is extremely dangerous

What line of work you in? Perhaps someone around here knows of something available?

The line of work I'm in is not the line of work I want to be in and is not the line of work I started in 25 years ago.

What do I want to do? Good question. I have embarked on soul seeking journey and will probably start a thread when the time is right.

To quote from a movie

But what I do have are a very particular set of skillsskills I have acquired over a very long career.
Edited by ouzo

I've been through 3 retrenchments here at work and survived all 3 thank goodness. No increases or bonus payments in 3 years.

Its not good but hey I'm still employed

Wish I could cycle to work and remove a vehicle but my route to work is extremely dangerous

Do you work in Woodstock?

Do you work in Woodstock?

Blackheath but stay in the southern suburbs

Only 24kms but every route is a death trap