Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

1 hour ago, TDFN said:

The hardest part for me is the drag up to and over Soetwater.

that's not there anymore..unless you're talking about the little Slangkop riser from the 4way stop to oceanview

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, MORNE said:

re seeding events....

I see PPa sportive 1 is sold out? what was the entry limit?

people are keen. 

getting an event result without a timepenalty is going to be good for seeding - I see a lot of furious emails going on about seeding and allocations this year!

44 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Any idea what other seeding events will be coming up and when?

There is that Sportive in May, probably have one a month till the event.

Maybe Knysna can sort themselves out and be a seeding event.

How difficult / hard is it to ride a sub3?

And what training plan / weekly hours / kms per wk, can be put in place?

On 5/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, Pure Savage said:

Curious to see how that rolling start is going to work.. guess I’ll just wait till I see someone I know to go with ????

10 hours ago, K20Champ said:

40kph avarage over 110km and 1200m elevation gain hard? ????

not so sure the sportive will happen this weekend going by the weather predictions and the fact that roadies are generally scared of water on their expensive plastic bikes (comic sans).  Really keen to ride it though...i've never ridden that route and will do it even if it snows. 

weather.jpg

Edited by MORNE

On 5/17/2021 at 4:41 PM, Pure Savage said:

Knysna advertise themselves as a seeding event.Whith guys quoting 3Rd wave middle June uncle Cyril might put a spoke in the wheels of that event .Hope not

2 hours ago, MORNE said:

40kph avarage over 110km and 1200m elevation gain hard? ????

It's not quite that hard! ????
An average speed of 36.4km/h should get you to the line with a few seconds to spare.

13 hours ago, K20Champ said:

You need luck, a good group (or be super strong yourself, I guess), and be able to climb Edinburgh Drive, Smitswinkel, Chapmans and Suikerbossie (all between 1.6 and 1.9km in length) in not much more than 5 minutes without being so smashed that you can't keep up with the group on the rest.

3 hours ago, MORNE said:

not so sure the sportive will happen this weekend going by the weather predictions and the fact that roadies are generally scared of water on their expensive plastic bikes (comic sans).  Really keen to ride it though...i've never ridden that route and will do it even if it snows. 

weather.jpg

I don't trust Approxweather at all, look on windguru you'll see the wind predictions have shifted and even google now says no rain for sunday. I'm confident it should be dry-ish

7 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I don't trust Approxweather at all, look on windguru you'll see the wind predictions have shifted and even google now says no rain for sunday. I'm confident it should be dry-ish

accuweather throws another spanner in the works.

wind NNW at 17km/hr gusts up to 50km/hr

76% probability of precipitation ( they don;t differentiate between rain and sweat)

Edited by DieselnDust

18 hours ago, K20Champ said:

Pre-covid I would say more tricky than hard if you are seeded in a "fast enough" group and the weather plays along, when both those 2 factors are not in place basically (but not completely) impossible.

The training plan you need to put in place will be the plan that gets you a seeding in one of those groups.

How/if seeding will work during covid is very hard to guess.

7 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Pre-covid I would say more tricky than hard if you are seeded in a "fast enough" group and the weather plays along, when both those 2 factors are not in place basically (but not completely) impossible.

The training plan you need to put in place will be the plan that gets you a seeding in one of those groups.

How/if seeding will work during covid is very hard to guess.

That and the fact that there is no group per say, you'll have to wait and see who looks fast in the guys starting in your timeframe then try and organise a fast little group and hope that you'll catch or get caught by other fast guys if you want to finish with a good time.