Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

You are touching on malls and grocery stores, but I feel like with the way people are behaving in restaurants that every single night the dinner run in any given suburb is a bigger spreading event than a cycle race would be...

and then air travel. Social distancing all through the airport but once inside the plane you are packed in like sardines

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ouzo said:

and then air travel. Social distancing all through the airport but once inside the plane you are packed in like sardines

yes but tested before + mask the whole way + the air is super ventilated in an airplane. Just came back from france and although the difference between the rules at the airport and inside the airplane is ridiculous, I didn't feel too exposed (and I managed to squeeze both shots of the pfizer vaccine while I was there ????)

• 2 weeks later...

Sooooo.... is this happening or not?

Dont see it being marketed much.... really concerned over the 11 Sept deadline for no refund got quite a few entries depending on this. 

12 minutes ago, Zeffer said:

Sooooo.... is this happening or not?

Dont see it being marketed much.... really concerned over the 11 Sept deadline for no refund got quite a few entries depending on this. 

Not much need to market a sold-out event.

I really hope so, getting seriously gatvol of getting mails saying races I have entered are postponed or cancelled. I was meant to race this Sunday and on Tuesday it got postponed till November. Wasn't that long ago berge n dale was cancelled. There was another one earlier this year I had entered that got cancelled. I am waiting till 99 to enter the diamond classic but I really want to race before CTCT and diamond classic is the last chance.

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

how late should I leave booking flights and accommodation ?

Started to look at prices today for flights etc.

We have a spot for you in Muizenberg if you want.... I will give you a good rate

What's the deal with substitutions? I didn't enter as I was supposed to be running 400km but that got canned till next year.

I'm super keen to ride the BMX again

Edited by Jewbacca

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

We have a spot for you in Muizenberg if you want.... I will give you a good rate

What's the deal with substitutions? I didn't enter as I was supposed to be running 400km but that got canned till next year.

I'm super keen to ride the BMX again

Thanks for the offer, will most definitely keep you on the list. I'd prefer to support a local hubber rather than a hotel chain. 

I'm trying to keep the costs as low as possible as I've had a crap year of sales so any budget I was putting aside for this was used up.

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

Thanks for the offer, will most definitely keep you on the list. I'd prefer to support a local hubber rather than a hotel chain. 

I'm trying to keep the costs as low as possible as I've had a crap year of sales so any budget I was putting aside for this was used up.

Just let me know. We have plenty of options, so I'm sure we can make a plan in one of our apartments.

It's also been a terrible year for us! I feel you. I have absolutely NO idea what I used to do with my old salary/earnings.

If I can get a substitution or charity entry we could even ride in together or share a lft. 

2 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

What's the deal with substitutions?

I was also wondering this. Can't find any info, but still see people selling entries popping up every day in the classifieds...

substitutions usually open the week or so only before the seedings go out, Because I was playing football and never really knew where we would be,(in which province), so I hardly really entered before hand therefore I've done 3 or 4 out of my 9 via substitute entries and I'm hoping to do so again this year, will try and get an entry closer to the event and substitution cut off date..

Edited by FootballingCyclist

2 hours ago, ouzo said:

how late should I leave booking flights and accommodation ?

Started to look at prices today for flights etc.

LOL exact same boat. Have flights, accommodation and car hire all selected, just need to click book. Just scared to book and pay and then it doesn't happen. Looking at all the case numbers and vaccination numbers, I don't see why it won't go ahead.

So to the joburg guys, how you getting your bikes down? I was looking at a few transport guys and the prices vary from R1300 to just over R2000 for a tandem. The guy I used before(is a hubber) sold the business, so I called the new owner and he happens to be the cheapest option that I have seen. But he currently doesn't have enough bookings to make the trip worth his while. So I am going to use my highish post count here and do a free punt for this guy. Go check him out at A Ride 4 My Bike

15 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

LOL exact same boat. Have flights, accommodation and car hire all selected, just need to click book. Just scared to book and pay and then it doesn't happen. Looking at all the case numbers and vaccination numbers, I don't see why it won't go ahead.

So to the joburg guys, how you getting your bikes down? I was looking at a few transport guys and the prices vary from R1300 to just over R2000 for a tandem. The guy I used before(is a hubber) sold the business, so I called the new owner and he happens to be the cheapest option that I have seen. But he currently doesn't have enough bookings to make the trip worth his while. So I am going to use my highish post count here and do a free punt for this guy. Go check him out at A Ride 4 My Bike

i use Joggies Bike Transport. Have used him twice now and its been a breeze. Not sure what his tandem price is, but normal bike is R1125

2 minutes ago, ouzo said:

i use Joggies Bike Transport. Have used him twice now and its been a breeze. Not sure what his tandem price is, but normal bike is R1125

R1900

2 hours ago, copperhead said:

Yussssssssses! I can ride it there for you for that price ????

But you would take the long way around and rack up serious miles on the bike ????, conveniently you could drop it off at my brother in laws place. Maybe get him to ride with you, he told me this weekend he might be doing the race.