Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

1 hour ago, Zeffer said:

So if they cancel after Sunday we get NO refunds.

Here's hoping that someone on here with inside info is keeping an eye on the organizers.... that they at least tried to present the race and not just delayed to the point of filling their pockets.

I am on it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Zeffer said:

Here's hoping that someone on here with inside info is keeping an eye on the organizers.... that they at least tried to present the race and not just delayed to the point of filling their pockets.

If you genuinely think the organisors would just delay the announcement to take your money to line their own pockets without bothering to organise the race you shouldn't have entered the CTCT in the first place.

16 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

I just entered on the site, so if you have a profile just log in and enter. 

No need for a substitute

I am fairly confident I am not near fit enough to participate in this event as I have not ridden much in terms of distance this entire year, but for interest sake, should I succumb to absolute stupidity and enter, did you just pay the international fee, or the SA fee to enter?

Peeps seem to forget about how trustworthy the cycletour brand is. In 43 editions it’s only been cancelled once and postponed once. A 2nd cancellation was always a risk in this pandemic. Ctct is not a little MTB socially distanced stage race. 15000 people lining up for the start is not going to be easy to even at level 1.

what stings is when your 500 odd entrant MTB stage race gets cancelled without even considering alternative options. Then you know that authorities are jittery about gatherings

18 hours ago, Zeffer said:

I had chat to them, they all in Hawaii, no clue what this CTCT thing is that you all is going on about.

Edited by Karman de Lange

Did you guys see this?

Cape Town marathon will be doing this .....

What about Covid?

In order to reduce the risk of COVID -19 transmission, all runners and crew will undergo the COVID-19 Antigen test:

• Covid tests will be in a 72hour window before the race,
  • The COVID-19 Antigen testing is non-invasive and will be available within 15 minutes,
  • Testing will be free of charge,
  • Testing will be compulsory and will be done at Cape Town Stadium, and
  • Runners will need to undergo the testing before entering the expo space and collecting race numbers.

4 minutes ago, Zeffer said:

Did you guys see this?

Cape Town marathon will be doing this .....

What about Covid?

In order to reduce the risk of COVID -19 transmission, all runners and crew will undergo the COVID-19 Antigen test:

• Covid tests will be in a 72hour window before the race,
  • The COVID-19 Antigen testing is non-invasive and will be available within 15 minutes,
  • Testing will be free of charge,
  • Testing will be compulsory and will be done at Cape Town Stadium, and
  • Runners will need to undergo the testing before entering the expo space and collecting race numbers.

This is far better than vaccine passports and a positive step forward 

55 minutes ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I am fairly confident I am not near fit enough to participate in this event as I have not ridden much in terms of distance this entire year, but for interest sake, should I succumb to absolute stupidity and enter, did you just pay the international fee, or the SA fee to enter?

Local price (R595)

19 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Think of it as a donation to those less fortunate

A mate of mine thought exactly that.!

He'd enter every year and if memory serves, actually only rode it once. 

Yeah no I’m not taking a day off to go queue for an antigen test just to do CTCT, I’d rather go on a ride on my own on the day or maybe pay for my antigen and do it next door.
It was enough of a mission to drive to Durbanville to collect my race number the day before the race last weekend. I hope it’s not going to become the norm that you need two days for one race…

Edited by Jbr

11 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Yeah no I’m not taking a day off to go queue for an antigen test just to do CTCT, I’d rather go on a ride on my own on the day or maybe pay for my antigen and do it next door.
It was enough of a mission to drive to Durbanville to collect my race number the day before the race last weekend. I hope it’s not going to become the norm that you need two days for one race…

If I read that correctly, you'll be tested as you enter the expo, so not really a "take the day off" type thing. You have to go to registration anyway, so just adds a few minutes to that trip. Antigen tests give you a result in minutes.

I highly doubt they can test all the people that take part to the race on the day, before the race (that already starts super early). My understanding is that you can go to the stadium more or less when you want in a 72hr window before the race, which already better than "you must all be there on this day between 11 and 3pm", but still.

I was kind of hoping that getting my vaccine done would sort this kind of issues, but looks like it won't.. every international sports event seems follow that testing-everyone-all-the-time policy, regardless if you're vaccinated or not

11 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

If I read that correctly, you'll be tested as you enter the expo, so not really a "take the day off" type thing. You have to go to registration anyway, so just adds a few minutes to that trip. Antigen tests give you a result in minutes.

The thing is, according to the doc that just did some surgery on my daughter, if you've had Covid and test again in a six month window after getting it, the chances of testing positive still are very high.

Where does that leave those of us that have had it recently ?