Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

10 minutes ago, andreas17777 said:

Should the vaccinated not be tested as well, as they have a chance of spreading the disease?

Exactly what i was about to ask. Just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you can't contract or spread the disease, the same as if you haven't been vaccinated. So essentially everyone should be tested then.

Edited by FootballingCyclist

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Exactly what i was about to ask. Just because you're vaccinated doesn't mean you can't contract or spread the disease, the same as if you haven't been vaccinated. So essentially everyone should be tested then.

Yea, but if everyone is vaccinated your point is mute .... 

if everyone was vaccinated then it wouldn't be a problem if the virus keeps spreading, I hope we won't have to be tested every two weeks just because a half of the population still thinks whatever *** about the vaccine

Edited by Jbr

8 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I know a guy who was vaccinated a month before he got COVID (that guy is me...)

Just now, TheoG said:

Yea, but if everyone is vaccinated your point is mute .... 

But reality is that not everyone is going to be vaccinated. So I rather look at reality than "what ifs", I mean the CTCT is 3 weeks away only.

1 minute ago, Sid the Sloth said:

I know a guy who was vaccinated a month before he got COVID (that guy is me...)

and? how did you find the virus? knocking on heaven's door bad, or just a bad flu as everyone seems to expect?

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

I know a guy(My Uncle) who has been double vaxxed( a while ago already as he works for Metro) and is currently fighting for his life in ICU

how long ago though ? In france they are giving a 3shot to those who were vaxed first

Just now, Robbie Stewart said:

and? how did you find the virus? knocking on heaven's door bad, or just a bad flu as everyone seems to expect?

1 week of cold-like symptoms, 1 week of tiredness, started riding IDT on low watts after 14 days, first outdoor ride on day 20 (3h20) where power was about 10% lower for same hr (I suspect this was due to being very well rested and less fit, hoping it is not recurring feature), now I have done about 6h so far this week and hr seems to be stabilizing a bit. I am a student with no comorbidities though. I managed to get the vaccine early (J&J) because I coach sport. 

The worst part by far has been the anxiety of whether I will recover smoothly and be able to be better than I was before.

4 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

I know a guy(My Uncle) who has been double vaxxed( a while ago already as he works for Metro) and is currently fighting for his life in ICU

Sorry to hear, I hope he recover.  Yes vaccine is not a sure thing, but at least it give MOST people a fighting chance to cope better with it once infected.  Its simple, just get the shot, its for your own good, at very least.

Edited by TheoG

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

how long ago though ? In france they are giving a 3shot to those who were vaxed first

J&J July 13th, symptoms 23 August, the day after doing a 6h ride (my gf had it and I suspect this pushed my immune system over the edge) 

4 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

J&J July 13th, symptoms 23 August, the day after doing a 6h ride (my gf had it and I suspect this pushed my immune system over the edge) 

Sorry I was asking for the other guy in ICU, your case is less "unlikely" as the vaccine is supposed to protect you from contracting a life threatening form of the disease. Hope you get back to 100% soon.

Still surprising that you had it that bad despite the vaccine. I've got a say I relaxed a little bit since I got both my shots, but doubt I'll ever go back to life like it used to be. The other day I was scrolling through this and I cringed the whole time seing this crowd ????

Edited by Jbr

Just now, Jbr said:

A good while because he works for Metro so they were some of the 1st to receive their shots.

53 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

1 week of cold-like symptoms, 1 week of tiredness, started riding IDT on low watts after 14 days, first outdoor ride on day 20 (3h20) where power was about 10% lower for same hr (I suspect this was due to being very well rested and less fit, hoping it is not recurring feature), now I have done about 6h so far this week and hr seems to be stabilizing a bit. I am a student with no comorbidities though. I managed to get the vaccine early (J&J) because I coach sport. 

The worst part by far has been the anxiety of whether I will recover smoothly and be able to be better than I was before.

I was actually wanting the J&J vac myself, but I managed to just miss out. My wife got it, and I have 1 of 2 Pfizer. 2nd due mid October or thereabouts.