Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

15 minutes ago, devongrovers@gmail.com said:

Nope. first year out, just looking to enjoy myself . you?

I say that every time and then we're off and I try smash it. First one about 5 years ago and was pleased with 4.59 on my momsen mtb. 

31 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

4:30, but it was NOT a good set up and my left crank arm fell off 3 times. I have a pretty sexy BMX setup now. I can actually sit and pedal - sort of and the gear ratio is a million times better. 

Sub4 if the weather is good should be good. If I feel good I will go hard and try get as close to 3:30 as possible

Ha ha... What a scream. 3.30 on a bmx.... I just bought myself some dark horse 50mm rims after I bust another spoke and this time split the rim on my oem bontragers and I'd like to be 20 mins ahead of you.

Embarrassing really. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1A@6:29

a enalty must have been applied since CTC T2020 was my last race of the seeding event pool.

Not enough loyalty points again

1 hour ago, Karman de Lange said:

nope.. 10 points penalty.

I also see they again forgot to reset the beta for CTCT 2020 to 1 , still on 0.89 .. (and all CTCT must be 1 as its the base events)

I got seeded on 99er of 2020 .

racetec really really really  need to get there seeding sorted. but ja.... not topic for this thread.

CTCT has a penalty for your RaceTec seeding, as used for sportives or other events, but not for CTCT itself since it's a seeding event. It's a bit of crackpot, but that's how it's suppose to work. Your RaceTec seeding only gets used if it's better than your best premier seeding event.

7 hours ago, K20Champ said:

1B, hopefully I can get my 1st sub 3????

Help us on the climbs and we will help you everywhere else. It is definitely a sub 3 group, provided the weather is good. Luckily it's still one of the groups where there will be plenty guys willing to work. 

11 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

CTCT has a penalty for your RaceTec seeding, as used for sportives or other events, but not for CTCT itself since it's a seeding event. It's a bit of crackpot, but that's how it's suppose to work. Your RaceTec seeding only gets used if it's better than your best premier seeding event.

go to Results (cycletour.co.za)    (make sure url ends in 2021)  .  you will see it gets penalty .  there is what is suppose to happen, and real world

Unless you know something I don't......

I love the fact you cannot query you seeding anymore.. website is broken.   

(not trying to be negative, just pointing out reality)

Edited by Karman de Lange

11 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

go to Results (cycletour.co.za)    (make sure url ends in 2021)  .  you will see it gets penalty .  there is what is suppose to happen, and real world

No way I'm querying my seeding ???? My most recent result is a mediocre CTCT 2020 time where I was dropped in the first 5km. If they check again I might just be dropped down 10 groups.. 

43 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

That kinda takes a big stinky dump on the "premier" label attached to the so-called "premier seeding events".
The idea is (supposed to be) that organisers assume you can replicate your performance from a premier event regardless of how much time has passed. ????‍♂️

Grateful for my Winelands result in the rain now!

this reminds me of a reply i received from an unknown Racetec employee in 2019:

"Hi.

The 99er is a seeding event, while the Cycle Tour is not.

That is why the Cycle tour has a bigger penalty."

Sent them a screenshot of the CTCT website which states that the CTCT is a premier seeding event and eventually phoned and spoke to Janine who was much more helpful than this anonymous person and sorted my seeding out.  some people there know what they're doing, others not.

4 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Looking forward to my first CTCT (finally), fingers crossed, hopefully this time no drama right before the race like 2 years ago

spacer.png

Looks lik a light sprain ... shouldn't have slowed you at all. ????

Eina.! No repeats please ...