Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

7 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

5E you say?

Fancy towing me on my BMX.....

If you see 2 ladys behind a BMC you welcome to hook on.  

We aiming for about 4:30-5hrs so might be bit slow for you..  

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its my first time entering and I have received my seeding time but now where do I fetch my race chip? I was under the impression I will get this from the Expo but I hear there is no expo anymore? 

Just now, BMorrison said:

Its my first time entering and I have received my seeding time but now where do I fetch my race chip? I was under the impression I will get this from the Expo but I hear there is no expo anymore? 

they just said from registration on FB .. no idea where/what that entails as yet

They still finalizing all the rules for events this week, so I you will have to "hang b@l" for a bit to find out

3 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

If you see 2 ladys behind a BMC you welcome to hook on.  

We aiming for about 4:30-5hrs so might be bit slow for you..  

hahahaha I definitely don't plan on being out there for that long!

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

Looking forward to my first CTCT (finally), fingers crossed, hopefully this time no drama right before the race like 2 years ago

spacer.png

Jeepers - can you still cross your fingers after that?

I bet that was properly eina.

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

I feel that if Jewbacca does 3:30 on a BMX that we should all donate something to a worthy cause - like maybe a proper bicycle so he can try win the event  next year.

IF I get under 03:30 I will definitely put up a little SPCA donation profile. I still have my shirt from last year, so there can at least be branded pictures. Hub socks, SPCA shirt and a BMX should be pretty easy to spot for those around me

2 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Jeepers - can you still cross your fingers after that?

I bet that was properly eina.

it was the worst injury I've had in terms of how bad it was and could have been, but really not in terms of pain. It is amazing how good pain management is in SA compared to france, my wife was also very surprised when she gave birth compared to all she heard of from her friends in europe. So I was proper high for a few days and then once the plates are in and the swelling goes away it's fine. 2 years later it's 99% fine, it definitely still feels 2nd hand but I can do everything normal except it does get a bit sore when racing my 1000cc after a few laps ;)

12 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

1B. I had been holding back on pulling the trigger in flights, accommodation etc. Think now I'll book it all. 

Can't wait. 

Everybody say hooplah. 

Have been holding off on accommodation and taking leave, so those will be sorted today!

Now to panic train in Clarens this weekend.

16 hours ago, Karman de Lange said:

nope.. 10 points penalty.

I also see they again forgot to reset the beta for CTCT 2020 to 1 , still on 0.89 .. (and all CTCT must be 1 as its the base events)

I got seeded on 99er of 2020 .

racetec really really really  need to get there seeding sorted. but ja.... not topic for this thread.

I think my CTCT 2020 has the 10points penalty waived for the 21 CTCT.

Well that's what it says on racetec at least, my index of 43 from that result gets me into 1E. 

3 hours ago, Karman de Lange said:

We starting in 5E for lekker social ride.   so you wont be last on bikehub

Also dropping back to my wife in 5E that has been punished for having a baby last year, so it wont be lonely back there

Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but if there is no expo, how would we collect our race packs and merch  etc?

Aren't they supposed to seed tandems according to the weaker rider? 

My wife's seeding index is 122.77 but we start in 1C haha.. I'm not really feeling confident that we should start there..do I have to arrange anything with the organizers to drop back to a later group, or do we just pitch to whatever later group we feel like starting?

PS. Initially planned to race for a sub 3 tandem when we entered, but what a sh*t year it has been.. still sitting with long covid symptoms and two/three months with not a single ride from both of us, so now we are just going to ride from waterpoint to waterpoint enjoying the closed Cape Town roads and the vibe. Probably gonna end up riding like 6-7 hours, so don't want to get in the way of people in the earlier batches actually trying to race for time.