Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

1 minute ago, Shebeen said:

all i'm saying is that it looks like they aren't adding the 10 penalty points. due to time since march 2020, i should have a seeding index of 53 now.

image.png.8eced24b9f4ed11c9550c4b3131224cf.png

That index in the column is  the  "final" value, so it includes the 10 penalty already.  If you go work out the "true" index, it would be 33.86 if their was no penalty.  (the formula is in the paragraph).

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, BMorrison said:

Its my first time entering and I have received my seeding time but now where do I fetch my race chip? I was under the impression I will get this from the Expo but I hear there is no expo anymore? 

Expo? You mean bazaar? Was an expo in the 90's. 

8 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

That index in the column is  the  "final" value, so it includes the 10 penalty already.  If you go work out the "true" index, it would be 33.86 if their was no penalty.  (the formula is in the paragraph).

ok got it.

I did the formula now.

you are correct.

1 hour ago, FootballingCyclist said:

Ok, Just entered online(Still open if you go via the international entries link which will save R150 substitution fee).

So, what's the wind like on the day?? LOL

terrible

Ok, so the Covid19 Vaccine survey has gone out to CT Cycle Tour entrants today.

But there are only options for "Fully Vaccinated", "Not Vaccinated" and "I'd rather not say". And Other, with text input.

Fail :stupid:  What do you select if you've only had 1 shot of 2? You're not fully vaccinated yet. Other, I suppose?

Or does "fully" imply any 1 shot?  Bad design. They're going to get messy responses.

13 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

But there are only options for "Fully Vaccinated", "Not Vaccinated" and "I'd rather not say". And Other, with text input.

Fail :stupid:  What do you select if you've only had 1 shot of 2? You're not fully vaccinated yet. Other, I suppose?

Or does "fully" imply any 1 shot?  Bad design. They're going to get messy responses.

Yeah, agree with you. Clearly designed by someone over 35 ????

12 minutes ago, Hilton. said:

Had this debate with my wife last night as well, we both have had shot one, so we ticked other and stated that we have had shot 1 of 2 of Pfizer.

Presume the "other" is for these cases

17 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

Had this debate with my wife last night as well, we both have had shot one, so we ticked other and stated that we have had shot 1 of 2 of Pfizer.

Presume the "other" is for these cases

They wont read what you said in the "other" box, they will only see that only 40% of entrants are fully vaccinated... ????

39 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

15000 entrants  / ~56 groups -> ~255 per group

However the safe cycling PPA group is limited to 450 riders this year so not sure how that will work out