Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

29 minutes ago, Jase619 said:

However the safe cycling PPA group is limited to 450 riders this year so not sure how that will work out

group sizes will be maximum 500.. Thats all we know. Each group is viewed as a single gathering

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

It's the skinny ones you should be keeping an eye on. ????

Agreed. They fly up Mandela Boulevard and Edinburgh Dr/Wynberg Hill and have no respect for us bigger fellas who only start warming up along the Blue Route freeway. ????????

Just now, Thomo said:

Agreed. They fly up Mandela Boulevard and Edinburgh Dr/Wynberg Hill and have no respect for us bigger fellas who only start warming up along the Blue Route freeway. ????????

I have a mate that responds when seeding is getting discussed: "I'm starting with 1D, but riding with 1E"
Some need time to find their legs and it's a quick start!

8 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I have a mate that responds when seeding is getting discussed: "I'm starting with 1D, but riding with 1E"
Some need time to find their legs and it's a quick start!

I've mostly gone with the start slow and catch em later approach.  On the bigger rides its easy to see, everyone blasts off from the start line, but by the first or second big climb I come cruising past. 

Unfortunately i then go to hard to the middle of the race and by 3/4 the way through I've fizzled out and barely hanging on.

14 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Looks like i might get the evil eye from the bigger fellas????

33 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

It's the skinny ones you should be keeping an eye on. ????

so ill fit in nicely with the skinny guys????

Here is the BLUEPRINT FOR COVID 19 RISK MITIGATION PLANNING AND IMPLIMENTATION STRATEGIES OF MASS PARTICIPATION EVENTS published by CyclingSA.

Read it, and get an understanding for the work that is involved by event organisers to ensure a "safe(ish)" event. Remember to thank them, not blame them for the lack of this, or the rigid controls they have to have in place.

BLUE PRINT FOR COVID 19 RISK MITIGATION PLANNING AND IMPLIMENTATION STRATEGIES - MASS PARTICIPATION FINAL.pdf

7 hours ago, Frosty said:

Here is the BLUEPRINT FOR COVID 19 RISK MITIGATION PLANNING AND IMPLIMENTATION STRATEGIES OF MASS PARTICIPATION EVENTS published by CyclingSA.

Read it, and get an understanding for the work that is involved by event organisers to ensure a "safe(ish)" event. Remember to thank them, not blame them for the lack of this, or the rigid controls they have to have in place.

BLUE PRINT FOR COVID 19 RISK MITIGATION PLANNING AND IMPLIMENTATION STRATEGIES - MASS PARTICIPATION FINAL.pdf 403.3 kB · 7 downloads

Thanks Frosty.

So 12.6 is relevant for CTCT?

So double up those buffs...

21.3. The preferred masks for an event are the N95 or medical masks. Should fabric masks be used, it must at minimum have two layers of fabric.

These 2 points going to be very interesting to get done.   

1: Not sure where everyone going to be waiting before trying to load 300+ people within 10 minutes in the the shoot.

2:  Need 900m2 per 3min start.  (so max 5 shoots loaded at anyone time (15minutes waiting). so thats ~5000m2 of area needed . Usable Grand paraid area is only about 8000m2 and still need checkpoints waiting areas etc..

edit: after reading more

2: Need 900m2 per 5min start (on level 2) .. so thats 3 preloaded shoots max.  ..  might be able to get that fitted on parade.

1: Start chutes can be entered between 15 and 5 minutes before the start of that start batch.

2: Start chutes with 3 sqm physical distancing to be applied. E.g. If size of chute is 7 m x 24 m = 168 sqm = 56 riders.

Also , 5min between batches , not 3min....

Staggered 5 mins between groups – various scenarios to be planned for major events. Level 3: 200 per batch Level 2: 300 per batch

Edited by Karman de Lange