Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

1 hour ago, Karman de Lange said:

So double up those buffs...

These 2 points going to be very interesting to get done.   

1: Not sure where everyone going to be waiting before trying to load 300+ people within 10 minutes in the the shoot.

2:  Need 900m2 per 3min start.  (so max 5 shoots loaded at anyone time (15minutes waiting). so thats ~5000m2 of area needed . Usable Grand paraid area is only about 8000m2 and still need checkpoints waiting areas etc..

edit: after reading more

2: Need 900m2 per 5min start (on level 2) .. so thats 3 preloaded shoots max.  ..  might be able to get that fitted on parade.

Also , 5min between batches , not 3min....

Hmm, well the start times provided so far are definitely not 5min between start groups:

https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/2020-cape-town-cycle-tour-start-times/

I'm also wondering about the test before travelling down. Our family travelling together have all had our 2nd Pfizer dose a few weeks ago, but if a test is needed before travelling then so be it

Edit: also, just checked, the Ciovita sport mask is 4 layers apparently, so should be fine on the mask front as well

Edited by HdB

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is CTCT related so I'll ask here.

I have flown anywhere since CTCT last year, so before any Covid restrictions hit the country. Under the current level 2.0.1.2.3.4.5.6.3.2.3.whatever, what are the requirements for domestic flights ? Do I need to provide a negative covid test ? vax passport ? stool sample ? 

And are airlines still so strict on the under 100ml clear bottle for liquids rule ?

Learnt something about "masks" last week.

We were doing a technical inspection at a hospital.

The team had the range of masks .... N95, surgical mask, multi-layer cloth, and then also the "buff" ....

Getting into the hospital those with ordinary cloth and buff masks were given proper multi-layer masks.  NO entry without a proper mask.

the concept is easy enough .... good luck trying to enforce it moving some 20 000 people in record time ...

reading that blueprint my vaccination (J&J) falls outside the specified window by 2 days, so I'll probably need to get a negative test

22 minutes ago, ouzo said:

This is CTCT related so I'll ask here.

I have flown anywhere since CTCT last year, so before any Covid restrictions hit the country. Under the current level 2.0.1.2.3.4.5.6.3.2.3.whatever, what are the requirements for domestic flights ? Do I need to provide a negative covid test ? vax passport ? stool sample ? 

And are airlines still so strict on the under 100ml clear bottle for liquids rule ?

No requirements except passing the fever scan at the airport entrance. The 100ml rule is only for international flights.

3 hours ago, ChrisF said:

Learnt something about "masks" last week.

We were doing a technical inspection at a hospital.

The team had the range of masks .... N95, surgical mask, multi-layer cloth, and then also the "buff" ....

Getting into the hospital those with ordinary cloth and buff masks were given proper multi-layer masks.  NO entry without a proper mask.

the concept is easy enough .... good luck trying to enforce it moving some 20 000 people in record time ...

My company (or rather the one I'm employed by) imported masks last year, and had to go through the SAHPRA approval and 3rd party testing. I'm sure many of the N95/KN95 and medical masks are not approved, and certainly not up to standard.

On 9/20/2021 at 12:05 PM, Matthew Saunders said:

Anyone got two entries they willing to sell?

Yip

PM me please

National regulations stipulate that all participants be required to have either a valid proof of vaccination (within prescribed period) or proof of pre-event (72hrs) PCR or rapid antigen test to participate in the event. Cost of testing may be for each individual own expense.

I think some people will be unhappy with carrying the cost of the test if they not vaccinated, any news when the CTCT will advise on this. given that the cape town marathon are covering costs for tests this will be a sticking point.

11 minutes ago, Ally1606 said:

National regulations stipulate that all participants be required to have either a valid proof of vaccination (within prescribed period) or proof of pre-event (72hrs) PCR or rapid antigen test to participate in the event. Cost of testing may be for each individual own expense.

I think some people will be unhappy with carrying the cost of the test if they not vaccinated, any news when the CTCT will advise on this. given that the cape town marathon are covering costs for tests this will be a sticking point.

That's interesting given that those quick tests are pretty useless.

Okes, they have to tick boxes. They have hoops to jump through in order to get the thumbs up to put on the event. These are to appease the government, not some scientific power that requires accuracy.

If you want to do the fun ride, jump through the hoops. If not, don't do the fun ride. 

I'm sure the organisers also think some of what they have to do is dumb, unimportant and inaccurate, but, government.

So picking apart the bones of how this is going to run and complaining about everything is not going to change that the government laid out guidelines which we all have to follow.

We know the tests aren't accurate, they know the tests aren't accurate, but they have to be seen to be doing something other than ignoring it.

3 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Okes, they have to tick boxes. They have hoops to jump through in order to get the thumbs up to put on the event. These are to appease the government, not some scientific power that requires accuracy.

If you want to do the fun ride, jump through the hoops. If not, don't do the fun ride. 

I'm sure the organisers also think some of what they have to do is dumb, unimportant and inaccurate, but, government.

So picking apart the bones of how this is going to run and complaining about everything is not going to change that the government laid out guidelines which we all have to follow.

We know the tests aren't accurate, they know the tests aren't accurate, but they have to be seen to be doing something other than ignoring it.

Yes - it's also not about complete accuracy - it's all risk mitigation not elimination. Coarse filters to reduce impact.

I guess thats why they asked about vac status in the email.They’ll make a final call re testing/proof on how/what when based on those answers? As already mentioned, not totally accurate but showing to be willing to do what is needed.

On 9/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, Ally1606 said:

REGISTRATION COVID-19 PROTOCOLS

In line with permissions received from the relevant authorities, the following mandatory protocols will be in place during Registration which precedes the event on 10 October 2021.

All participants will need to be fully vaccinated or undergo a Rapid Antigen Test, which must return a negative result, before they can register for the 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour.
Participants are considered to be fully vaccinated if:
– they have had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine (with the second dose having been received a minimum of 7 days prior to the event)
or
– they have received one dose of the J&J vaccine (at least a minimum of 28 days before the event).

Proof of vaccination: Participants will be required to prove their vaccination status by either showing their vaccination card together with personal identification or, in the case of international participants, their vaccination bar code.
If you are collecting race packs on behalf of another participant you will need to present a copy of their proof of vaccination documents and a copy of their ID document.
Participants not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated : In the case of participants who have not been fully vaccinated or are unvaccinated, Rapid Antigen Tests (that take 15 minutes) will be conducted at Registration and must return a negative result before participants can collect their numbers. The cost of this test is for the account of the participant and will be R250.00
In the event that a participant shows a negative Rapid Antigen Test, but is displaying Covid-19 symptoms such as a fever or feeling unwell, the participant will be required to undergo a PCR Test with a negative result before they are allowed to register. This must be undertaken separately by the participant.

Another money making racket for the City....

1 minute ago, TCTG said:

Participants not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated : In the case of participants who have not been fully vaccinated or are unvaccinated, Rapid Antigen Tests (that take 15 minutes) will be conducted at Registration and must return a negative result before participants can collect their numbers. The cost of this test is for the account of the participant and will be R250.00

On 9/22/2021 at 1:32 PM, Ally1606 said:

REGISTRATION COVID-19 PROTOCOLS

In line with permissions received from the relevant authorities, the following mandatory protocols will be in place during Registration which precedes the event on 10 October 2021.

All participants will need to be fully vaccinated or undergo a Rapid Antigen Test, which must return a negative result, before they can register for the 2021 Cape Town Cycle Tour.
Participants are considered to be fully vaccinated if:
– they have had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine (with the second dose having been received a minimum of 7 days prior to the event)
or
– they have received one dose of the J&J vaccine (at least a minimum of 28 days before the event).

Proof of vaccination: Participants will be required to prove their vaccination status by either showing their vaccination card together with personal identification or, in the case of international participants, their vaccination bar code.
If you are collecting race packs on behalf of another participant you will need to present a copy of their proof of vaccination documents and a copy of their ID document.
In the event that a participant shows a negative Rapid Antigen Test, but is displaying Covid-19 symptoms such as a fever or feeling unwell, the participant will be required to undergo a PCR Test with a negative result before they are allowed to register. This must be undertaken separately by the participant.

Edited by TCTG