Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

57 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Saturday:

4 degrees start at 06h30, km 5

31 degrees at 11h00, km 112

Problem with that is that during a race you don't want all these extra layers unless you know it's going to be cold the whole race. My last 2 races here in jnb have been very similar start Temps and the finish Temps were low 20s and I decided to race with no extra layers and the start line felt like the arctic. Only way to warm up is attack from the gun..... ???? 

I'm hoping to finish the CTCT before 09h30, hope it's not too cold. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI so for those that watched the World Championships and saw the crowds without masks screaming their lungs out like normal at an event, the reason was because Flanders has a 95% adoption of vaccines, so they could do this. Get the Vax FFS. The numbers don't lie.

then we are back to mass starts, Hooplah, crowds cheering you and great events. Until then......

PPS did see some strange HR numbers post Vax but it was all positive.

3 hours ago, Mamil said:

See all the crowds watching the race in Flanders yesterday -- nary a mask in sight, happy people cheering wildly, laughing in each other's faces, blowing trumpets aerosolysing (sp) micro droplets of spittle which settle over the crowd ..... wanna play like that again?

Vaccinating 72% of their population allows them to do that while we mask up and think twice before kissing our mothers. 

Edit to add -

.... unless we also reach that target there seems to be a chance that their freedom won't last so 2022 or maybe 2023 world champs we might see spectatorless coverage.

aah you were ahead of me on this. Agreed wholeheartedly

6 minutes ago, Pieterlab1 said:

My first CTCT and I'm very excited!

Got seeded in 1F, I understand that it's not a bad seeding for a mountain biker...

Is it okay if I use my Camelbak while riding a road bike!?

The roadies will certainly frown upon you with righteous condemnation, but also as a MTBer, go for it .... :).

Edited by TheoG

2 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Guys, I will be staying at the protea hotel at the waterfront. Any chilled rides taking place on Saturday the 9th from close to the? Would be keen to meet some of you. 

What about the Thursday?

4 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

No second or 3 lap mails yet this year.. guess its free :)

doubt will be allowed, or managable.. last group leaves at 9:08.. so that makes first lap of about 2:35 if you in @ .  but guess noone will stop you to go for a scening lap after the race?

5 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

No second or 3 lap mails yet this year.. guess its free :)

With the last group starting at 9h00 I think its going to be somewhat of a challenge to get to the starting chute for the 2nd lap in time? Even if you start at 6h15? Think for most the last group will be long gone by the time you arrive for lap 2

3 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

With the last group starting at 9h00 I think its going to be somewhat of a challenge to get to the starting chute for the 2nd lap in time? Even if you start at 6h15? Think for most the last group will be long gone by the time you arrive for lap 2

not if you start with the women's group? ????

what i mean is you can dress appropriatly and claim you identify as an elite woman cyclist,  start in fishhoek or whereever and make the normal start intime? lol 

Edited by MORNE

4 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Guys, I will be staying at the protea hotel at the waterfront. Any chilled rides taking place on Saturday the 9th from close to the? Would be keen to meet some of you. 

Every year, on the morning before the race, there are hundreds of cyclists doing a chilled ride from Granger Bay to the the top of Suikerbossie and back. Our club, East Coast Cycling, meets at the Wimpy parking lot in Granger Bay and wheels roll at 7am. See you there!

https://www.strava.com/activities/3160732323

2 hours ago, Skubarra said:

That is fine, less shouting passing right