Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

5 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Guys, I will be staying at the protea hotel at the waterfront. Any chilled rides taking place on Saturday the 9th from close to the? Would be keen to meet some of you. 

I mos normally meet you at 48 km/h along the Kalk Bay stretch. ????

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Long Wheel Base said:

Problem with that is that during a race you don't want all these extra layers unless you know it's going to be cold the whole race. My last 2 races here in jnb have been very similar start Temps and the finish Temps were low 20s and I decided to race with no extra layers and the start line felt like the arctic. Only way to warm up is attack from the gun..... ???? 

I'm hoping to finish the CTCT before 09h30, hope it's not too cold. 

Yeah, I normally have a gilet, a magic piece of kit.

2 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Lucky the route is closed till 10:00 :)

Cool then I guess you can sneak in if you started early enough, It happens to be on my wife's birthday so the leash a bit short next Sunday, my double lap will have to stand over till March

some okes decided that even though they can extrapolate their data to the point that it has a 1% confidence level, it remains data.

so without further adieux. 

the Argus21 weather forecast v1.0

image.png.22b3d33fde271bf4a57d9950d80b389f.png

sub3s all round baby!

where do we sign ? I must still wrap my head around that early start though. So knowing I must leave my house around 5 to race in a nice weather would definitely help

11 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

some okes decided that even though they can extrapolate their data to the point that it has a 1% confidence level, it remains data.

so without further adieux. 

the Argus21 weather forecast v1.0

image.png.22b3d33fde271bf4a57d9950d80b389f.png

sub3s all round baby!

Good to know at 8pm its night.

5 hours ago, MongooseMan said:

Some info on substitutions has just been posted:
https://www.capetowncycletour.com/lifecycle-week/ctct/race-entries/substitutions/

tl;dr:
You can substitute at registration only, take letter of consent from original entrant, plus R200 substitution fee.

When doing a substitution do you know if you receive the original entrants seeding or do they re-seed you according to your own seeding? 

I think it would be to late to be reseeded but I stand corrected. 

12 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

When doing a substitution do you know if you receive the original entrants seeding or do they re-seed you according to your own seeding? 

2 minutes ago, Roadstorm said:

I think it would be to late to be reseeded but I stand corrected. 

I am pretty sure that you are correct as the size of the batches will be closely monitored due to Covid and any late seeding would affect this but I was hoping otherwise!

Hopefully I can find an entry for sale with a reasonable starting time. 

15 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

I am pretty sure that you are correct as the size of the batches will be closely monitored due to Covid and any late seeding would affect this but I was hoping otherwise!

Hopefully I can find an entry for sale with a reasonable starting time. 

Holding thumbs  for you.

49 minutes ago, Mountain Goat said:

From the linked page:

"The substitute participant will be issued a new number in the start group for which he/she qualifies."