Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

4 hours ago, Shebeen said:

some okes decided that even though they can extrapolate their data to the point that it has a 1% confidence level, it remains data.

so without further adieux. 

the Argus21 weather forecast v1.0

image.png.22b3d33fde271bf4a57d9950d80b389f.png

sub3s all round baby!

All I take from this is I now know how to spell adieux. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Mountain Goat said:

When doing a substitution do you know if you receive the original entrants seeding or do they re-seed you according to your own seeding? 

You'll get re-seeded but the original entrant has to be vaxed or have the covid test. 

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

All I take from this is I now know how to spell adieux. 

Except it should be without further ado.... 

Am I the only one daydreaming  about how many Watts are needed to get to the m3 on ramp in the first 10 or 12 of the batch and whether burning that match will mean being dropped by the top of edinborough drive? 

22 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Except it should be without further ado.... 

Am I the only one daydreaming  about how many Watts are needed to get to the m3 on ramp in the first 10 or 12 of the batch and whether burning that match will mean being dropped by the top of edinborough drive? 

What bunch are you in?

I usually don't mind falling off up Edinborogh Drive because I've always managed to latch back on alone the M3 before Blue Route. The nice long downhill with open road infront and no riders tapping brakes all the time(and ofcourse gravity) usually helps with that. Oh and a tandem or 2..

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

What bunch are you in?

I usually don't mind falling off up Edinborogh Drive because I've always managed to latch back on along the M3 before Blue Route. The nice long downhill with open road infront and no riders tapping brakes all the time(and ofcourse gravity) usually helps with that. Oh and a tandem or 2..

32 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

What bunch are you in?

I usually don't mind falling off up Edinborogh Drive because I've always managed to latch back on alone the M3 before Blue Route. The nice long downhill with open road infront and no riders tapping brakes all the time(and ofcourse gravity) usually helps with that. Oh and a tandem or 2..

1D this year. You? 

I got dropped last year and fell in with the next batch and then saw that I would have possibly just squeeked a sub 3 if I'd held on until top of Edinburgh. 

Does any know what is the timing along route to do it under 3:30 minutes?  How do I locate that kind of thing ? 

Hello, anyone looking for a Cape Town Cycle Tour entry/ticket or knows someone who is - please message me, I am unable to make it anymore.

If this is not the right forum please let me know which one is.

Thanks very much.  I try look for this on the web - I see this is for 3 hours. I hope to do it under 3:30 I was a bit stressed at the averages … lol ???? thanks again 

8 hours ago, Emazing said:

Does any know what is the timing along route to do it under 3:30 minutes?  How do I locate that kind of thing ? 

3:30 is fairly easy.. but seeing we not allow to race , its going to be bit different this year.

if you start off anything in the 1's groups, you make easy.   2's giong be bit harder.

The split time calculator is normally wrong as all depends on the winds of the day.  might be fast start and slow end or vice versa.

Morning windy fun ride????????. CTCT 2019 | Ride | Strava   Very windy 3:19

My other rides are all around 3:10 or 4:30 .  maybe someone else can share there 3:30's

41 minutes ago, Emazing said:

Thanks very much.  I try look for this on the web - I see this is for 3 hours. I hope to do it under 3:30 I was a bit stressed at the averages … lol ???? thanks again 

You can change it in Excel just put your time in the yellow blocks.

Still a legacy from 2016....

Important to know that a lot depends on wind direction and strength. 

1 hour ago, Emazing said:

1 hour ago, Emazing said:

I always assumed that everyone under 4h just rides with the bunch, or am I being an ignorant snake?
Will you let them go if they go too fast and put in more effort to go slower on your own in the wind?
Will you start taking pulls in front if they are going too slow, even though you are unsure of your legs for the day?

Ride with your bunch. Take pulls if you feel strong. Your finish time will sort itself out.

5 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

I always assumed that everyone under 4h just rides with the bunch, or am I being an ignorant snake?
Will you let them go if they go too fast and put in more effort to go slower on your own in the wind?
Will you start taking pulls in front if they are going too slow, even though you are unsure of your legs for the day?

Ride with your bunch. Take pulls if you feel strong. Your finish time will sort itself out.

I think it just becomes one amorphous blob - you can go faster than the riders around you but you never really seem to reach the front f any bunch. This cuts both ways though because you can ride slower than those around you and never really fall off the back.

This is also sort of try at the 3hrs to 3:15 section of the field even if dropped you don't have to wait long before some more people are around you. And if you manage to break from your batch chances are that you'll find droppees from the group ahead to ride with before long. 

It's like a mobius strip - there really isn't a head or a tail.