Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

3 hours ago, Danger Dassie said:

Many SA healthcare workers have experience in public health rollouts and pandemic environments.

????  Reporting requirement data shows that not a single one of our graduates (from a state and our private institution) working all over Africa dealing with ebola or congo fever or any other viral haemorrhagic fever has ever contracted one of those.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/1/2021 at 12:25 PM, MORNE said:

Yes, but nanobots and microchips are for life????

I want another vaccine, my current microchip is k@k. I don’t cycle any quicker than before the vaccination and my cellphone reception is still just as poor.

28 minutes ago, Titleist said:

I want another vaccine, my current microchip is k@k. I don’t cycle any quicker than before the vaccination and my cellphone reception is still just as poor.

I was at least hoping for automatic uploads to Strava, but no dice... ????‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

I haven't trained enough to warrant a taper ????. Praying for muscle memory ????

As long as you didn’t eat too many garage pies, too much beer, and within 5, 74 kgs of your ideal race weight. Then muscle memory applies. ????

Edited by 'Dale

59 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

As long as you didn’t eat too many garage pies, too much beer, and within 5, 74 kgs of your ideal race weight. Then muscle memory applies. ????

Definitely won't be chowing the pies, don't drink at all and about 4 to 5 kgs from race weight. Whoohoo, muscle memory pappie. 

40 minutes ago, K20Champ said:

Any tips of what to do and what not to do the week of a race:

Training? Eating? Etc

All depends on what you've done up till now and what your goal is on the training side. 

Eating, just eat a healthy balanced diet, which is what we should all do year round. 

Nothing like the start of taper week to make me want to ride my bike even more than usual. 

Awake at 5.30am plotting epic rides to neighbouring towns. 

Constant talk about Sundays weather has S. O. saying "its OK if you want to skip the second day of the hike" offering a pass out of the hitherto compulsory 2 day Cape Point hike scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Dare I take it? 

What is it about this ridiculous ride? I have the enormous privilege of riding a similar route every weekend.... But for weeks in advance I'm planning my route / outfit / bike service..... 

10 hours ago, K20Champ said:

Any tips of what to do and what not to do the week of a race:

Training? Eating? Etc

Do not change a thing, however cool carbs are good (rice, potato, pasta) The tummy is trained as the cardiovascular system is trained, even it it was with fish and chips.

16 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

Do not change a thing, however cool carbs are good (rice, potato, pasta) The tummy is trained as the cardiovascular system is trained, even it it was with fish and chips.

100% don't make any drastic change just try to reduce a little bit on the training time and all the fat/alcohool.