• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ouzo said:

you battery or the bikes :) 

I think he said he was limited to somewhere in the 20s

both .... :ph34r:

European bikes are limited to 25km/h, as should SA e-bikes be in accordance with the relevant regulations

American bikes are limited to 20mph or 32km/h.

Obviously this is just a software setting, and selected in accordance with the market the bikes are shipped to.  Many bikes are delivered in SA pre-set to the 32km/h limit.

Yes, you can far exceed these speeds, but the motor assist stops at these speeds.  With the newer ebikes you effortlesly go to 40km/h on a slight downhill without even realising the assist has stopped.  

39 minutes ago, FootballingCyclist said:

New start procedure for the World Funrace Champs...

20211005_111147.jpg

So your time will start, just like all the other years.. when you cross the matts ....

will believe that when I see it.

4 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

So your time will start, just like all the other years.. when you cross the matts ....

Edited by FootballingCyclist

2 minutes ago, Karman de Lange said:

nope. all the other years it is when the gun goes.

so if you start 1min behind and catchup the front guys you have time credit on them. sneaky sneaky

Just now, FootballingCyclist said:

LOL agreed.

Going to be interesting seeing guys sprint for the line to win their bunch, Only for racetec to update on Wednesday that anothe guy who is mid bunch and not even sprinting who crossed the start line 1 min after him is declared the "winner".

2 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

so if you start 1min behind and catchup the front guys you have time credit on them. sneaky sneaky

All the other years the "advertising" said its when you cross the matts..  but its actually when the group is suppose to start. 

i miss that sarcasm font

Edited by Karman de Lange

16 minutes ago, Shebeen said:

I see the first few bunches have the conventional bunch starts and then from 1A it will be your time crossing the mat. Yes might be worth hanging back a bit at the start if you think you can finish at the sharp end of the group... (Same thing I usually do when chasing Strava segments with mates) ????

1 hour ago, Skubarra said:

I see the first few bunches have the conventional bunch starts and then from 1A it will be your time crossing the mat. Yes might be worth hanging back a bit at the start if you think you can finish at the sharp end of the group... (Same thing I usually do when chasing Strava segments with mates) ????

Where did you see that ? Because yes,  if it's from the time you cross the mat it's stupid, if you look at last year the top 10 is in the same second... imagine if one of them started last, he would have crossed the mat 20secs later than the guys at the front and then won the race by 20 secs..

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

Where did you see that ? Because yes,  if it's from the time you cross the mat it's stupid, if you look at last year the top 10 is in the same second... imagine if one of them started last, he would have crossed the mat 20secs later than the guys at the front and then won the race by 20 secs..

Copied from the mail I received this morning

@ group (06h20)

Due to covid restrictions, this group will comprise only the top veterans in the 40-49 age group.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

# group (06h23)

This is the start group for the top 30 or so racing tandems.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

& group (06h26)

Due to covid restrictions, this group will comprise only the top veterans aged 50 and over.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

1A group (06h29)

From this group onwards, time will be taken from the time that you cross the start mat, so there is no rush to be first over the mat.  There are no prizes of any sort for anyone starting in group 1A or later.

All women not riding the 79km Elite race will be seeded according to their index in groups starting from 1A at 06h29.

3 minutes ago, Jbr said:

Agree, its just stupid and a lot more unnecessary logistics to subtract each riders start time from the finish time, and as you say, someone who didn't physically win the race can have the fastest time and hence "win" the race ...  absolutely STUPID !

Yo weather looks positively amazing right now i think the forecasters are doing it to create false hope and then will pull the rug from under all of us hopefuls the day before....

6 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

Copied from the mail I received this morning

@ group (06h20)

Due to covid restrictions, this group will comprise only the top veterans in the 40-49 age group.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

# group (06h23)

This is the start group for the top 30 or so racing tandems.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

& group (06h26)

Due to covid restrictions, this group will comprise only the top veterans aged 50 and over.  No prizes will be awarded this year.  The start will be a conventional bunch start.

1A group (06h29)

From this group onwards, time will be taken from the time that you cross the start mat, so there is no rush to be first over the mat.  There are no prizes of any sort for anyone starting in group 1A or later.

All women not riding the 79km Elite race will be seeded according to their index in groups starting from 1A at 06h29.

Ah thanks I missed it, for some reason they didn't write it for the prev groups..