Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Any mention perhaps if we need physical copies or if electronic ones will be fine when collecting for other riders?

I missed the start of the meeting, but apparently copies are fine.  I'm not sure if electric versions count as a copy.

dont' have time now to watch that again.

Ok…one and only ‘training ride’ for the last month done. Managed to just squeeze one in.

edit: it was low intensity, high intensity, hill climbs, recovery, taper…all in one lol.

edit 2: my plan for the race is to start off with high carb..then just before i bonk, ill switch to Keto so i can fuel myself with my lockdown fat. #foolproof.

????????????

????

A9302987-8406-4626-93BA-474B3AC292D1.jpeg

Edited by MORNE

4 hours ago, K20Champ said:

Weather is looking perfect for the guys to come out with the deep dish wheels, 50, 60, 80mm, take advantage of the good weather predicted????

don't forget about Muizenberg Wind Factory

4 hours ago, bleedToWin said:

Any mention perhaps if we need physical copies or if electronic ones will be fine when collecting for other riders?

The electronic version of the certificate will not be accepted according to David Bellairs.

12 hours ago, HenryS said:

The electronic version of the certificate will not be accepted according to David Bellairs.

Source?

1 minute ago, Skubarra said:

David Bellairs?

But where? His twitter seems to exists purely in 2016, the official ctct2021 twitter doesn't say this, can someone actually quote bellairs?

dont really know why because i got mine off the website last night and it contains ALL the info that the little hand written card has on it , including a QR code

the hand written card is much easier to falsify imo. I mean anyione can fill in any crap in the first or second line and no one will even know. 

Edited by MORNE

1 minute ago, TNT1 said:

But where? His twitter seems to exists purely in 2016, the official ctct2021 twitter doesn't say this, can someone actually quote bellairs?

Didn't he do a podcast on FB yesterday? Anyway, not entirely surprised, the electronic version not officially launched yet?

18 hours ago, Paul Ruinaard said:

Very nice will share it with my friend who is riding for the first time so will no doubt help her. She was asking about the N2 and the climb up Signal Hill so hopefully this alleviates some of the issues ????

Yup, and you are going to need that GPS file because Signal Hill is where everyone gets lost. Gets complicated.

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

dont really know why because i got mine off the website last night and it contains ALL the info that the little hand written card has on it , including a QR code

the hand written card is much easier to falsify imo. I mean anyione can fill in any crap in the first or second line and no one will even know

I was thinking the very same thing and knowing how "efficient" people are at their jobs when it pertains to mass processing of humans, I am going to go all-in and say no-one is going to check either. Which proves how much a sham this whole business is.

I spent a week in Holiday-Inn Netcare last week and had to undergo 2x tests - one PCR, one 24h - both negative, all so that I could go to a "green zone" ward which allowed visitors once daily between 3pm and 4pm. No visitor testing is done at all...

4 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

Yup, and you are going to need that GPS file because Signal Hill is where everyone gets lost. Gets complicated.

I am definitely going to search for and ride that route from the N2 up Signal Hill, I mean, it sounds fantastic...

2 minutes ago, MORNE said:

it is. Got mine off the site last night as mentioned already

Yes the website is already live (copied mine as well), what I meant the official launch hasn't happened yet, they are basically doing live testing