Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Can you get a covid test at registration, and if so, how much is it? Starting to get a little FOMO.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, devocean said:

Can you get a covid test at registration, and if so, how much is it? Starting to get a little FOMO.

yes at R250 for a rapid screening antigen test

What ever you do, even if you're a single parent or alone with the kids/toddlers/baby, don't take them.

I got a 'You can't enter with a baby, can't you just go and leave the kid somewhere and come back?'

Yes... If I had that option I wouldn't have brought him all the way here in the 1st place...... ????

So don't take a dependant. I browsed the emails an it's pretty ambiguous. I feel they could have communicated that better but maybe I'm just seeing it that way because I'm butthurt.

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

What ever you do, even if you're a single parent or alone with the kids/toddlers/baby, don't take them.

I got a 'You can't enter with a baby, can't you just go and leave the kid somewhere and come back?'

Yes... If I had that option I wouldn't have brought him all the way here in the 1st place...... ????

So don't take a dependant. I browsed the emails an it's pretty ambiguous. I feel they could have communicated that better but maybe I'm just seeing it that way because I'm butthurt.

image.png.120fa29d20717f388aa4541365a68407.pngSorry Bru it's right there.

4 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

where do they expect you to leave your child ? in the car ?

somebody without kids has set some strange ruling

9 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

I get that. I read that too and as a crap parent/dog owner didn't for one second think that included a toddler/baby who you were looking after as you had no choice.

Like I said, for those of us who are dumb or blinkered, it could have been spelled out a bit better.

I'm a 'Warning - Hot Contents' on my coffee lid kind of idiot when it comes to certain things

I did see a fair number of people walking away looking a bit perplexed and/or annoyed with their wee ones, so whether it is our own fault or not, I could hear Michael Jackson singing 'You are not alone'... 

Edited by Jewbacca

23 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

I get that. I read that too and as a crap parent/dog owner didn't for one second think that included a toddler/baby who you were looking after as you had no choice.

Like I said, for those of us who are dumb or blinkered, it could have been spelled out a bit better.

I'm a 'Warning - Hot Contents' on my coffee lid kind of idiot when it comes to certain things

I did see a fair number of people walking away looking a bit perplexed and/or annoyed with their wee ones, so whether it is our own fault or not, I could hear Michael Jackson singing 'You are not alone'... 

Well kudos for not being that parent leaving the kids in the car with the car guard.

34 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

No you're not, I would have been pretty pissed if I came all the way there to collect my number with my 2y.o and they turned me away because of her. I would have never thought this applies to infants... 

Edited by Jbr

2 hours ago, Karooryder said:

I hate this feeling.

All was set; race entered, bookings made, training (more or less) on track. Then a good mate had no choice but to tie the knot this weekend because of Covid restrictions messing around a 2-year overdue wedding.

There is no fomo like ARGUS fomo.

Have a super race guys and gals, be safe, experience every moment and come tell some lekker stories on Monday!

See you all in March at the 2022 starting line!

Make a plan! One year I attended a wedding in George on Saturday night and rode the Argus on Sunday morning in Cape Town.

51 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

Actually, "Only participants collecting numbers for themselves, and others, will be allowed in...." could mean:

1. Only people collecting numbers for themselves are allowed in, and other people are allowed in.

2. Only people collecting numbers for themselves and collecting numbers for other people are allowed in.

So while I write this in jest, in my opinion it technically is ambiguous. Still, given the context I'm aware that they could only have been meaning option 2. 

Anyway, my experience of the number collection was fantastic. I was greeted by incredibly polite and well-drilled staff and the whole thing took a couple of minutes, during a which a lady with a lovely voice (and good chops on the guitar too) did a stirring cover of Dancing in the Dark in the background. The whole experience left me feeling proud of the mother city. The usual psychopaths on the N2 let the side down a bit on my way home, but all in all it was good and I'm really flipping excited for sunday.

Edited by NickGM

10 minutes ago, Lucas Swart said:

Anyone know if the race is going to be streamed somewhere or how that works?

live stream on facebook apparently. I saw a link sometime today,

2 hours ago, NickGM said:

Actually, "Only participants collecting numbers for themselves, and others, will be allowed in...." could mean:

1. Only people collecting numbers for themselves are allowed in, and other people are allowed in.

2. Only people collecting numbers for themselves and collecting numbers for other people are allowed in.

So while I write this in jest, in my opinion it technically is ambiguous. Still, given the context I'm aware that they could only have been meaning option 2. 

Anyway, my experience of the number collection was fantastic. I was greeted by incredibly polite and well-drilled staff and the whole thing took a couple of minutes, during a which a lady with a lovely voice (and good chops on the guitar too) did a stirring cover of Dancing in the Dark in the background. The whole experience left me feeling proud of the mother city. The usual psychopaths on the N2 let the side down a bit on my way home, but all in all it was good and I'm really flipping excited for sunday.

This and i really liked the new layout in the ‘gallery’ of the stadium. I found the exit in 10s flat. Not a single promo person crossed.