Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

Also, i was embarrassed by the amount of non/not yet/anti vaxxers in the line at the rapid test. IMO if you got a yellow card at the gate…well you got a yellow card. Got the message? Lol

Conversely, I was proud of the amount of ‘plus sized’ peeps super exited for the event. Good on you. The real mvp’s.

Edited by MORNE

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Super slick process for me this morning - worked through some emails at Bootlegger in Greenpoint and took a walk across at 09:00. The Rapid Test was pretty painless - killed some time for 15mins and then walked up to collect numbers. It all looked pretty simple but I'm under no illusion about the HACK it must be to organize an event during these times so feel grateful that it's happening.

Looking forward to Sunday and all the best to those riding - keep the rubber side down ????

31 minutes ago, MORNE said:

Also, i was embarrassed by the amount of non/not yet/anti vaxxers in the line at the rapid test. IMO if you got a yellow card at the gate…well you got a yellow card. Got the message? Lol

Conversely, I was proud of the amount of ‘plus sized’ peeps super exited for the event. Good on you. The real mvp’s.

Would be interesting to see the percentages of those ridingvon Sunday:

- fully vaxxed

- had a shot, but not fully xaxxed yet as per the CSA guides

- not vaxxed at all

Would be intetesting to see what is actually happening out there ....

1 minute ago, ChrisF said:

Would be interesting to see the percentages of those ridingvon Sunday:

- fully vaxxed

- had a shot, but not fully xaxxed yet as per the CSA guides

- not vaxxed at all

Would be intetesting to see what is actually happening out there ....

Surely they could release these details to the general public - would be a cool "CTCT 2021 By the Numbers" 

5 minutes ago, Cookie88 said:

Surely they could release these details to the general public - would be a cool "CTCT 2021 By the Numbers" 

Only downside .... seems you either fully vaxxed, or not at all .... doubt they have the stas of those midway in the vax process .... 

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Don't hate on us one-shot younguns. We haven't had a whole lot of time to get both shots.

On 10/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, Niekkiev said:

Any entries available?

Ja, a mate of mine pitched up and entered on Thursday.

27 minutes ago, bleedToWin said:

Don't hate on us one-shot younguns. We haven't had a whole lot of time to get both shots.

obviously you are exempt of any critique in that regard. You guys didn't have enough time even if you basically went on the first day it was available. 

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

Ja I like the lead up to ctct cos there are lots more of us on the roads. Although it does seem to me a bit less so than previous years. And all shapes and sizes and ages. 

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

Ja I like the lead up to ctct cos there are lots more of us on the roads. Although it does seem to me a bit less so than previous years. And all shapes and sizes and ages. 

thats what I like about it. It lures out the guy that only rides his bike once a year. The people you never see at other events. Whole families. Thats awesome.

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

got to say I've seen a lot of cyclists of all sizes and shapes on the road this week, good to see that this event brings people together around bikes ;) 

This is the very spirit and ethos of the CycleTour. It's a wonderful thing.

8 minutes ago, Long Wheel Base said:

1 more sleep. Whoop whoop. Going for a short ride just now, I see it's cloudy again, hope it clears because I got wet yesterday so didn't have a proper ride. 

440F9FBD-41C2-4D02-814C-6238363C3680.jpeg.1b642aafeb7e4a5e56195e786cfdf578.jpeg

1 hour ago, Long Wheel Base said:

1 more sleep. Whoop whoop. Going for a short ride just now, I see it's cloudy again, hope it clears because I got wet yesterday so didn't have a proper ride. 

It will be hot tommorow