Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Jbr said:

got to say I've seen a lot of cyclists of all sizes and shapes on the road this week, good to see that this event brings people together around bikes ;) 

This morning the cycle path between table view and melkbos was so so busy despite the rain, never seen that before, not even in the days right after hard lockdown !

Everyone panick training haha looking forward to tomorrow, if I survive the first loop I might want to go for another one to enjoy the views and the closed roads ????

So wasted my money on a COVID test, they didn’t need it. 
Also wasted lots of energy walking from V&A to the stadium, got my number then wanted to get the bike and realized I left the bag with change of shoes in the car. 
Walked to the car, put number and bottle in and walked back to the stadium, only to realize I left the bag in the car again. 
So took the car and drove there the third time. 

got to the bike to find rear wheel still not holding air. ????

we pumped it there, heard it pop into place, but in the 2 hours since then it has lost some pressure again. 

14 minutes ago, ouzo said:

...got to the bike to find rear wheel still not holding air. ????

we pumped it there, heard it pop into place, but in the 2 hours since then it has lost some pressure again. 

Not the time for mechanicals.

Best of luck getting it sorted.

32 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Also wasted lots of energy walking from V&A to the stadium, got my number then wanted to get the bike and realized I left the bag with change of shoes in the car. 
Walked to the car, put number and bottle in and walked back to the stadium, only to realize I left the bag in the car again. 

Time for a choob?

51 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Valve? 

My season's roadie training starts with the CTCT tomorrow morning. ????

I am soo screwed. This year's long Cape winter really did not help my training at all.

Anyone can tell me how to fit the race number. It has a plastic with 2 holes, 2 cable ties and 4 clips. 

And the other piece of paper. Sorry about the stupid questions, it's my 1st Argus ????

55 minutes ago, Stevie G said:

Anyone can tell me how to fit the race number. It has a plastic with 2 holes, 2 cable ties and 4 clips. 

And the other piece of paper. Sorry about the stupid questions, it's my 1st Argus ????

Sticker with race number on  ardboard with 2 holes. Zip tie it to your handlebar so number face forward. 

Green medical info sticker goes on your race number and pinned to back of your jersey with safety pins. 

Don't forget to attach your racetec chip to your shoes or ankle or front wheel of bike. 

Red photo number sticker optional for helmet. 

1 minute ago, Mamil said:

Sticker with race number on  ardboard with 2 holes. Zip tie it to your handlebar so number face forward. 

Green medical info sticker goes on your race number and pinned to back of your jersey with safety pins. 

Don't forget to attach your racetec chip to your shoes or ankle or front wheel of bike. 

Thank you guys 

3 minutes ago, Mamil said:

Mamil saving me again lol. Thanks bro.