Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

7 minutes ago, HdB said:

???? I was near the front of some group, but not the one I started in (nor the two that followed)

Wherever you are, well done, finish safely!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jewbacca said:

That was rad!

3:45 ish. I started when we started rolling, not when I crossed the matt.

Beautiful day out. I don't think it could have been better. Well done everyone

Ill change my hub name this week.

Morne-is-Guys-little-b1tch?

haha. Congratz. 

but i had such a fun ride too. Was an awesome day. Considering i only did one 27km ride in a month, I was surprisingly comfortable today. 

I started in 6F and my target time was 3:59. I managed to get 4:00:00 from mat to mat. I'm quite happy with that considering I rode most of it without being in a bunch. One interesting thing that happened was my pump vibrated itself into two pieces and half of it fell off on the Ocean View descent. I was quite relieved when I saw what happened because I first thought it was my bike rattling. ????

pump.jpg.de231dcda076ff35f6da107f5f84c667.jpg

52 minutes ago, W@nted said:

Well done @Blouogies! Second place behind Nolan????????

Yesyesyes ! Well done to you and Craig ! so good to see that the cape town boys can dice with the best ???????????? 3 in the top 5 ! And your Trek is ????????

What a ride!!!

started in 3A, goal was 3:40. 
Pushes it right from the start, by the time I got up Edinburo I had passed so many people I thought I was over cooking it. 
Hooked up behind @Matt all decked out with BikeHub kit on the blue route, I was giving it my all to keep up (story of my race) and when we climbed off the m3 I tried to take a turn up front but somehow dropped them. 

the rest of the race was basically me going full gas trying to hold onto groups. 
Just before chappies the legs gave me a “hey your pushing us” twinge. 
hit little chappies and could feel the onset so dialed it back a bit. 
had to dial it further back up suikebossie but then it was head down and full gas again to the finish. 

started my clock on the fun and did a 3:42, I am stoked. 

3DD89E6B-D6A3-47CA-A39B-B21D73ACEC34.jpeg

CDC7ACDC-870E-4497-A5DA-A0FC4842E817.jpeg

43275528-D4A8-43F8-954F-3ED2A12C3128.jpeg

What an utter crap shoot that start process was. We were in 4E, was at the point 10 minutes before our start and we ended up starting with 5E. And there were lots and other 4E riders that started with us. SO it was either the process or the marshals at our shute were totally clueless.

Edited by dev null

18 minutes ago, dev null said:

What an utter crap shoot that start process was. We were in 4E, was at the point 10 minutes before our start and we ended up starting with 5E. And there were lots and other 4E riders that started with us. SO it was either the process or the marshals at our shute were totally clueless.

Yeah, was a bit of a dogshow in the "8s"as well. Ended up starting about 10mins late, racetec has me in 9B when my batch was 8E.

But, at that end of the race, it probably doesn't matter all that much ????

Yes, in my case it did not matter anyway. I bailed at 54km. I was sick 2 weeks ago from a throat infection that affected my lungs also. I told myself I should be able to manage it, but my body told me otherwise. I had a mental fight with myself from before Smits, but at the WP after Smits decided it was not on for today. Would have been my 9th race.

Edited by dev null

We were neutreulised for the 1st km, not easy to ride in a tight bunch at 10kph ???? 
Great race despite countless crashes, bit of a shame I never got to enjoy the route and felt a bit too spent at the end to go for lap 2 ! I regret it now, next year I’ll take a minute to eat and drink before going home !

1 minute ago, Jbr said:

We were neutreulised for the 1st km, not easy to ride in a tight bunch at 10kph ???? 
Great race despite countless crashes, bit of a shame I never got to enjoy the route and felt a bit too spent at the end to go for lap 2 ! I regret it now, next year I’ll take a minute to eat and drink before going home !

Interesting about the crashes. I didn't see a single one, which I thought was odd/impressive. 

4 minutes ago, MongooseMan said:

Interesting about the crashes. I didn't see a single one, which I thought was odd/impressive. 

Lady on the bus I rode on had a crash on the bumpy road after Smits. Pinerello frame broke into 2 pieces from the crash.