Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Sid the Sloth said:

You should try tubeless

oh shiiiiiiet ????

Edited by Jbr

13 minutes ago, Sid the Sloth said:

You should try tubeless

there was a guy giving everyone a sealant shower on the rollers before smitswinkel, he eventually pulled over when it didn't seal.

somehow I managed to not getting any on me.

1 minute ago, ouzo said:

there was a guy giving everyone a sealant shower on the rollers before smitswinkel, he eventually pulled over when it didn't seal.

somehow I managed to not getting any on me.

I had a puncture coming in scarbs, sealed in about 2 revolutions, that feeling 

Relief GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Just now, dev null said:

With the quality of the roads getting worse around Cape Town a gravel bike might not be such a bad idea.

The bit from the top of Smitwinkels all the way past Scarborough, Misty Cliffs, Ocean View past Masi to the Sun Valley intersection is in serious need of a resurfacing. 

2 minutes ago, Jbr said:

I had a puncture coming in scarbs, sealed in about 2 revolutions, that feeling 

Relief GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

after having to pop a tube in on saturday night I was slightly concerned that should the rear pick up a puncture I'd have nothing to fix it with. I was putting my faith in the Pirellis and the fact that the previous set did not puncture once.

a few of the particularly rough patches of tar had me looking down to make sure the wheel was not flat.

3 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Gonna get a warning point for words like "Sealant shower"

All depends on the colour of sealant used...........????

Anyone know why the route was diverted down Seacliff road by Bantry bay instead of the usual M6. This was late on. My wife freaked out as was pretty buggered by that point and ended up having to walk down as it was too tight and steep for her at that stage. Turned out there is a 7hr time limit to qualify for a result and we ended up 7:02 ... Bit of spilt milk for her, now unofficial, first attempt. Probably should have read the rules to see that there is a 7hr limit but we had assumed the cut-offs were the only issue and that any time limit would have been visibly shared alongside the cut-offs. Bit bleak but lesson learned.

30 minutes ago, Jbr said:

two of my mates lost their garmin before fish hoek..

My unit left me at Misty Cliffs. Luckily I could retrieve it. Used my watch from then on. That piece of road can give one some serious shakes.

58 minutes ago, Pure Savage said:

Completed number 12, puncture in same place as last year before Red Hill so the race was over from then. Still an amazing day.

1826111016_WhatsAppImage2021-10-12at14_15.32(1).jpeg.681b78a3f92591d21b67fb713d11b578.jpeg

@Pure Savage you got a flat tyre? better herbs for it than that