Cape Town Cycle Tour 2021

Chingy182

6 minutes ago, Skubarra said:

I see the seedings on racetec is updated with the CTCT results

Now I can get a decent seeding next year. I went from 112 to 59.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Jase619 said:

I see the date for 2022 is out, 13 March! Time to start digging for accommodation! Think we will try sea point area this time!

2nd Sunday of march? Quelle surprise

On 10/12/2021 at 6:21 PM, Pure Savage said:

Ah, that was me with the shitty bike. 

I was still in a mood about my puncture. :D

If you don't go toobless.... you're toothless ,????

I’ve been on tubeless since April….loving it. I’m saving my latex tubed wheels for race day only. Nothing beats the feel of latex tubes in a high tpi race tyre 

the tether is super annoying when your garmin takes 10 mins to sync and you must take it on and off after every ride, every day. my prev 530 had 1 broken pin at the back and NEVER fell off from the road bike or the MTB, so I didn't put the tether back on the new one once it was replaced... Now seing two units lost early on in the race I put it back ;)

54 minutes ago, Jbr said:

the tether is super annoying when your garmin takes 10 mins to sync and you must take it on and off after every ride, every day. my prev 530 had 1 broken pin at the back and NEVER fell off from the road bike or the MTB, so I didn't put the tether back on the new one once it was replaced... Now seing two units lost early on in the race I put it back ;)

Okay... I am not sure what tether you guys are using but mine takes about 15s to take on and off and I switch between my gravel and road bike almost daily. It takes longer to calibrate my power meter haha

all that wasted time.

PS: I see racetec seeding has been updated......EINA TourDeBoland100miler is going hurt big time

Edited by DieselnDust

1 hour ago, Jbr said:

10mins yikes. I haven't even unlocked my front door and my ride is uploaded already, also using a 530 but I've configured it to my wifi, maybe you should consider that.

Just now, milky4130 said:

10mins yikes. I haven't even unlocked my front door and my ride is uploaded already, also using a 530 but I've configured it to my wifi, maybe you should consider that.

The only time mine gets connected to the PC is to charge and sync my workouts for the next 14days. All rides uploaded via the GC app or when I pull into my home Wifi range. 

2 minutes ago, milky4130 said:

it is connected to the wifi, I don't understand why it takes so long on the new one, the old one used to sync within maybe 20 secs after I parked the bike in the garage... I updated everything, the wifi is on (but I think it's irrelevant since it's connected to my phone anyways)...

2 hours ago, Sid the Sloth said:

Okay... I am not sure what tether you guys are using but mine takes about 15s to take on and off and I switch between my gravel and road bike almost daily. It takes longer to calibrate my power meter haha

Which do you think  @Pure Savage will succumb to 1st or should i say in which order do you think they will happen(as they're all bound to eventually)??

Getting a PM?

Getting a disc brake bike?

Going tjoobless?

Edited by FootballingCyclist